Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Malka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I want to set up 8 cameras around my house. I'm told that without a subscription I can only set up 5 cameras per base station so my question is, can I monitor two base stations with one app? Also, I'm in Australia, can anyone suggest a retailer offering good deals on this stuff? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Malka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for that information, now I can go ahead and buy with confidence. While I'm here, there is one other concern I have. These cameras attach to the brackets magnetically, stealing them wouldn't be much of a challenge and since its so easy to add a camera to a system I would think a lot of these cameras go missing, am I right about that? So, is there anything out there that can be used to conceal these cameras? I know there's skins but anyone with Arlo will know that its Arlo equipment right?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use two base stations on two different accounts, you can use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other so all cameras are seen with one login. Just keep each base configured with no more than 5 cameras each.

Malka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for that information, now I can go ahead and buy with confidence. While I'm here, there is one other concern I have. These cameras attach to the brackets magnetically, stealing them wouldn't be much of a challenge and since its so easy to add a camera to a system I would think a lot of these cameras go missing, am I right about that? So, is there anything out there that can be used to conceal these cameras? I know there's skins but anyone with Arlo will know that its Arlo equipment right?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If your mounting your cameras in an area that is accessible by people then you'll want to get a indoor/outdoor mount. The camera screws to the mount making it a little difficult and time consuming to remove. You can also buy security chains that screw to the camera and screw to the mount connecting the two by the chain. You'd have to cut the chain and unscrew the camera to take it which would take far to long to do for the typical criminal.

The mounts are available on arlo website or amazon and the security chain is on amazon. This is how I have mine monuted outside.

Malka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again, you're a wealth of knowledge.

Malka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's another question for those in the know. I want to use a solar panel with each camera I set up but using Arlo panels is going to load the price heaps. Is there an after market panel I can use with these cameras? Would I be right in saying that having the correct  power output would make an after marker panel suitable? Or, is the Arlo system smart enough to identify non genuin add on and deem them incombatible? Thanks again for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno if there are 3rd party solar panels for Arlo but I do understand that they can be incompatible due to something (hardware? software?) that is detectable.