Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ractrull
Initiate
Initiate

when I open my Arlo account my cameras don’t show up. Only a page that says add new device. Has anyone had the problem?  How did you correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has implemented a fix for this issue. For those who may still be experiencing these symptoms, please force close and re-open your Arlo mobile app

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is investigating an issue that is occurring for some iOS users that results in cameras not appearing in the Arlo mobile app. For more information on this issue, please check https://status.arlo.com for updates.

JamesC

54 REPLIES 54
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ractrull wrote:

when I open my Arlo account my cameras don’t show up. Only a page that says add new device. Has anyone had the problem?  How did you correct?

Is this a "friend" account (cameras shared by someone else)?  Or is this the primary account (cameras onboarded to this account in the past).

Have you tried both the phone app and a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

HungryWife222
Initiate
Initiate

We are having the same issue. Hoping to get some answers here. 

ractrull
Initiate
Initiate

No, I don’t share with anyone. I’ve had these cameras several years and never had this problem. I have tried accessing them from the app and from my Arlo.com. I’m not at the same location as the cameras and hub right now.  Was hoping someone had a simple fix!!

KellyG10
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here.  Cannot add them back either.

Jmcolon1977
Tutor
Tutor

Never had a subscription had a Arlo for 5 years everything working fine

today everything erased my three cameras and hub 

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Me too. I did update to iOS 16.1 last nite

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A remote reboot of the base can be done with a WiFi-enabled switch that the base plugs into. Right now, I suspect a reboot of the router and base, in that order, is needed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There seems to be a spate of this issue for the older Pro/Pro 2 systems. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

tschn
Guide
Guide

what is the root cause of this happening to everyone's system.  Seems like an update that was pushed likely wiped everything again as this same problem existed a month or two back.  I've had a system for ~4 years and never had to reboot or reset the system because it erased all my camera's and now its happened twice in the last 2 months.  Sounds like they need to do higher quality software releases and vet it way more before releasing to the market.

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

i did remove and reinstall app and rebooted from where ever i could. cameras seem to pop up then disappear. are those with issues on iOS 16.1. apple's newest release yesterday.

KellyG10
Tutor
Tutor

I am NOT on the new Apple release.  Still on 15.6.1, but this is the first time this has happened to me and I too have had these cameras 5+ years

alxjmrk
Initiate
Initiate

I appreciate that Arlo updates the app as soon as necessary, that’s a sign of a good software company. What I don’t appreciate is a company that either doesn’t test their software thoroughly or one that pushes their “Legacy” (because that’s what it’s now referred to as) equipment to the back burner. When you run a security and monitoring company it is absolutely imperative that you support those customers that rely on your equipment. 

What happened today? The app updated and erased every legacy camera I have. They all have to be physically accessed and synced with the app, plugged back into my scheduled arming modes, and then made sure they are accessible on all other devices linked to my account. 

Why am I so frustrated? I am in the middle of getting the kids ready for school and attempting to leave for work when this all occurred. An update like this should have been more seriously managed and at least completed at a time more amenable to most of their customers. 

-Grumpy dad who hasn’t had his coffee

P.S. There seems to be many people that recognize the fact that Arlo is attempting to push their legacy products out so intensely that they don’t care what customers they lose in the process. 

arteco
Initiate
Initiate

same here - 2 iphones (ios 14.8.x), opened App this morning cameras disappeared before my eyes. tried second phone, same thing (one is the owner account (ios app v3.8(3443) other is the guest account (ios app v3.5.12(3220)). opened up chrome on laptop, logged in and everything is there--so for me it appears the problem is only on the IOS app (an not the latest version)

KellyG10
Tutor
Tutor

I just recycled power on router and then base station and cameras are back.  Thank you jguerdat for the tip.  Never had to do this before.  Will remember for next time.

arteco
Initiate
Initiate

yep - that worked for me as well

Jmcolon1977
Tutor
Tutor

What should I do restart it or sync them again 

Jmcolon1977
Tutor
Tutor

How can I fix ?
Do I need a subscription?

Rhawk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
App has worked flawlessly for the two years I’ve used the cameras, but today I logged into the Arlo mobile app and no devices appear. Did everything as far as an app update, Arlo base reset, and nothing. But when I log into my computer with the same log in credentials, the cameras appear and work like nothing ever happened. I need help, I’ve been doing lots of research and can’t find a solution 
Brirko
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app isn’t showing anything, I’m still getting notifications from the cameras, my wife’s app is showing her the cameras and status. I’m main admin, but have basically lost control of the system. This just started this morning, everything was fine yesterday. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alxjmrk wrote:

P.S. There seems to be many people that recognize the fact that Arlo is attempting to push their legacy products out so intensely that they don’t care what customers they lose in the process. 

Some people who only have legacy cameras are jumping to that conclusion. I suspect the support policy change is part of the reason why.

I have two Pro 2 cameras and one Pro deployed, along with several newer cameras. I've seen a lot of issues with all cameras over the past couple of months.  Not anything specific to my legacy cameras. 

SRunions
Tutor
Tutor

I have experienced the exact same issue this morning, nothing showing in the Devices view.

backfire_tx
Guide
Guide

Out of the blue Arlo APP stopped seeing cameras i have. But online works fine. Went through sync process as directed on app. And it cant find cameras. I went to chat support and it gave me 50 options non that apply, and when asking to chat to oa "human" it said - sorry you aint paying for it. 

What a crock - this is ARLO's fault. And they tell me to stuff it? That is Very bad. Next update of SW they need to prep for this kind of problem and not let users flounder for hours.  Have the support ready to help. 

Ring cameras do the same? WIll have to look into  that. all good things come to an end. Very poor.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmcolon1977 wrote:

How can I fix ?
Do I need a subscription?

@jguerdat tagged the mods to get more information on whether this is widespread issue.  Best to wait for them to chime in.

In the meantime - can you check your app version, let us know what it is?  It would also be good to know the phone model and the OS version it is running.

SRunions
Tutor
Tutor

Just noticed while I’m still getting alerts, nothing showing in Library of new or older alert recordings.