Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ackelley44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having a ton of trouble getting my cameras to trigger each other.  I bought 2 sets from Costco that each included 1ea VMB4000r3 base and 3ea. Pro series cameras.  I only used one of the bases and connected all 6 cameras to it.  It immediately asked for the base and all cameras to get a firmware update.  That update completed successfully.

The first day, I was not able to get a motion detection from one camera to trigger others.  At the suggestion of another forum I read, I took all the cameras down, factory reset the base, and re-synced everything.  Voila!  Everything worked and I was able to set up rules so that one motion detection would trigger recordings from multiple cameras.  It worked for about 12 hours, and now it has stopped again.  Each camera is only recording its own footage and not triggering the others to record. 

It can't possibly be normal for me to have to re-sync everything ever day to keep the triggers working.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I spoke with them on the phone today and they were NOT HELPFUL.  All they talked about was camera positioning.  I know my network signals are strong and the cameras are not dropping out.

Any help is appreciated.  This is a non-negotiable for any security system in my opinion.  If I can't get these triggers to work, I will be returning the entire system and looking for another brand...

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ackelley44

Can you verify if the firmware your cameras & base station are running are up to date.

ackelley44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  As soon as I plugged them in after opening the box, they did a firmware update.

Aprilfool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.

Aprilfool
Aspirant
Aspirant

First the specifics: 

Base Station: VMB3010r2

Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

Cameras

ArloPro - H8

Firmware: 1.092.0.19_26228

3 - Arlo - H7

Firmware: 1.3.314

All cameras are set up facing state forest - and I’ve had some great video of bears and bobcats - However - here is the issue:

I have these 4 cameras set up to cross trigger each other.  Occasionally - one of the cameras will trigger one or 2 of the others but that is rare.  I can tell that they “work” at night because, for instance, if the Pro is recording I can look at that video and see that the lights had come on on one or 2 of the others but I won’t get a recording from them.  The cameras all have sensitivity set very high - around 95 because they take approximately - forever - to start recording.  

Any help is appreciated.

Shelley

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Aprilfool

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Aprilfool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should have included my already tried troubleshooting in my original post - duh.

anyway - I have deleted all of my cameras (a couple of times) and deleted the mode multiple time and then reinstalled the cameras and re-setup the recording mode.  

I’m open to any suggestions that might help with the issue.

Shelley

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @Aprilfool

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Aprilfool

Have you tried to set the mode up on the web browser as well, and test again?

Aprilfool
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS wrote:

@Aprilfool

Have you tried to set the mode up on the web browser as well, and test again?

No - but I will.  Thank you.

I will let you know if anything changes.