Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jimmy9980
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whats the deal with this firmware ? Its pretty much made the cameras arlo pro run like garbage now. They dont detect anything unless your standing right underneath them. Is there a fixed. I called in to the support line and those people are useless. Asked me to reboot and the typical I dont have answer for you troubleshooting . 

6 REPLIES 6
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Agree. My motion detection is not like it once was. It misses the mailman once or twice a week. Never used to. It seems like they fix one issue only to bring back more issues. One of there firmware updates actually erased my paid subscription. Of course you call support they know nothing. ( literally) they denied i even had a subscription. Even with a reciept from them . its truely comical
Jimmy9980
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be nice if they could return to the firmware that was before June then things would work. 

For the cost of them cameras and the service this software should be much better.  Today was my first time calling support what a waste of an hour. You figure with all these people complaining  someone would from the company would say something. Maybe blasting them on social media might help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimmy9980,

You might try increasing your cameras sensitivity in the rules to see if you experience better results. Take a look here for steps on how this can be done:

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Jimmy9980
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried that a bunch of times clearly it’s the crappy firmware. Before June updates everything was perfect. Will there be a fix ? Cause the camera in there current state are terrible you need to be underneath them for the motion to work they have no distance. Please fix this problem
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I agree. Its the firmware. Mine is hit or miss also. It does not always get the mailman. And yes before may or june it was perfect. Never missed a thing. The reason i bought them was kids vandalizing my mailbox. And i caught them. Never happened again. But now sometimes it doesnt even get ups guy dropping off a package. Also it will not notify me sometimes. I have the smart. It works but not like it used to
Jimmy9980
Aspirant
Aspirant

James do know if Netgear is planning on releasing a fix for current firmware for the person dectection issue ? I mean you need to stand right under the camera now to for it to detect a person. I have tried everything nothing works even set motion dectection to 100%