Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chuck1118
Follower
Follower

My camera in the front yard picks up one car when entering and leaving the garage.  The car color is gray.  When the other car (red) enters or leaves garage, it is not pickup up by the camera and recorded.  That car is probably 6 feet further from the camera.  Not sure why it is not picking up that one.  Perhaps too far from camera (probably 35 to 40 feet away).

3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yes probably too far. Also depends on what you have the motion sensitivity set for that camera. The default is 80. Try turning it up too 100. I've detected cars 50-60 feet away at 100% driving by the house, but that's not typical. 20-25 feet is the typical range.

Also the camera detect motion better when the object crosses the cameras field of view instead if coming straight at it.

That said, there seems to be some motion detecting issues going on with the system right now, reported by multiple people. I have experienced degraded motion detection recently, but not always, just occationally. This week, my garage camera missed my car twice when backing out, captured it 3 times. It's been hit and miss. Arlo is aware and looking into it.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yeah ok same old "Arlo is aware of the problem" I have the same problem after being trouble free for over a year and a half. People keep saying that "there aware of the problem and working on a fix" ok I dont believe it Sure doesnt take them long to screw something up and take forever to fix it. What does Arlo have only 1 tech person that works 4hrs a week? Iam so pissed off at Arlo right now that I have over $1000.00 tied up in this system and you cant depend on it and they try and fix something and create 2 other problems.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Chuck1118,

If possible for trouble shooting, Do you have another camera you can swap locations with to see if the problem persists?