Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera not working correctly after Firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
nferno
Initiate
Initiate

I have never been more disappointed in a home secuirty product in my entire life!  After a firmware update a few months back my Arlo Pro cameras have not been functioning properly.

List of the issues:

• I get notifications and more often than not my recordings are not uploaded to the cloud.
  • Live video is not working, I get scrambled video 90% of the time
  • The few recordings that are uploaded have broken audio that comes and goes

I'm a software developer and have tried numerous solutions posted here, having to dismount the cameras which requires a ladder and yes they all have excellent connection and are not too far from base. I would not recommend these cameras to anyone.

I'm the 29th person in queue on a support call as I type this and I'm asking for my money back or a replacement set of cameras that work properly.  Wish me luck!

32 REPLIES 32
01X
Aspirant
Aspirant

My concern is that the cameras stop recording after 7:00 PM and don't resume until after 6:00 AM. I recently noticed after charged the batteries and was checking the angles of the cameras.

I work 3rd shift, so I asked my wife if she would walk out to the sidewalk at 9:00 PM in the front to trigger the front porch camera, then walk around the to firepit in the backyard to have the one mounted on my shed triggered.   She has done this the last 3 nights and it hasn't recorded anything.   She leaves for work at 6:00 AM and it hasn't recorded her, but left at 6:09 this morning, and the camera recorded her.

Base Station HW Version VMB4000r3 - Firmware 1.10.0.8_22190

Arlo Pro Camera #1 HW Version H7 - Firmware   1.092.0.13_19715

Arlo Pro Camera #2 HW Version H7 - Firmware   1.092.0.13_19715

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like your schedule isn't working right. Power cycle the base and use a computer browser to verify your schedule. Sometimes the app has issues working with modes, rules and schedule.

Greg0101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep I'm finding same thing that sometimes it will record front door movement as expected for say a day and the all 5 cameras will go offline and no recordings let alone live display.

it could be they way the rules/schedule is working, but once again in the time I've had these cameras have never had  this total unreliability.  Once again regardless of syncing all five cameras close by, having all fully charged, checking that they working near base station and then redeploying them to points around the house, they will record activity and  then at some point stop and all cameras go off line and it's game over.  The base station is showing all green lights 

It it might be something to do with schedule rules and somehow when the change occurs from night to day in my case the cameras go offline.  Going to give try with Armed mode to see if resolves the issue but but this out of the realms of how the system used to operate. 

Base station is  1.10.0.8_22190

All cameras  are 1.092.0.16_21159

it would be nice to have some sort of log file which we can download and provide support of what is going on, let alone try to decipher what is happening over period of day or so.  Normal router provide so why don't we get the same from the base station??

Timbo123
Guide
Guide

Well Arlo not responding here with an official statement already says enough.

They dont care!!

Greg0101
Aspirant
Aspirant
So base station was powered down and the rule changed to Armed. Last night walked past camera inside the house less than 4 metres from base station and yep it recorded the activity.

Walk past the same camer this morning nothing, check the base station and on last led is off, check the app cameras offline.

So how do even attempt to get support to chase this up, because they will tell me to bring cameras close to base and check everything is working which does. For some reason something is tiggering the cameras to go offline.

Don’t think it the rules ending. Still thinking it’s firmware related from June.

Any ideas?
stupac2
Tutor
Tutor

I was having the problems with triggering, cameras going offline, etc, but for the past week or more everything has been working fine. I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but the last thing I did to the system was a complete power cycle of the base station (meaning turn it off via the button on the back, give 15-30 seconds for charge to drain, power it back on). I'm not sure why that would work, so it could just be blind luck, but the system is in a good state currently. Fingers crossed that it will stay that way. At any rate it's worth a try for those still experiencing problems given how easy it is.

It's too bad, I was so happy with this product before this SNAFU, but Netgear's lack of response and useless support have made me skeptical of them going forward. Not sure I'll keep recommending the system to friends.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I'm still having issues after both the base station upgrade ( July) & the camera firmware upgrade in the last couple days.  Motion detection is terrible and all 5 of my camera's are set to 100% this has been like it since June firmware upgrade before May upgrade they were detecting 98% off the time now I'm lucky if they detect 60% off the time and since May firmware upgrade they no longer record to my set times and when they do manage to detect motion instead of recording for 70 secs I get between 2 & 20 secs then they stop and motion is still happening but they don't start recording again! We have employees coming and going so I know it's missing motion as it mightt detect someone coming but then misses what they do and them leaving. I was also having the issue of all 5 camera's going offline every night  starting around 6pm and then they would come back online around 11.30 / 12pm(I'm in Australia). I tried resetting base and starting new but then none of my 5 camera's would sync to base station spent a couple hours with support and they sent a new base station which still went offline the same time.  I finally upgraded the firmware on my Orbi Router system,  reset it and turned everything off & back on and it has been staying online since, hasn't fixed my other issues though. I've had a support case open for the set times not recording since end of May and in June all my cases disappeared from my netgear and I have had no response since 13th June when I contacted them again regarding my case disappearing. We are going away and I can no longer trust this system to inform me if anyone is at my property while I'm gone. Very frustrated and angry customer as i Iwas happy until the May update that broke everything. I requested them to roll back my firmware to before the May update and was told they can't as its deleted when the new firmware is installed!i

Mike1500
Aspirant
Aspirant
June firmware rendered my cameras pretty much useless. I recommended Arlo over a year ago to two co-workers and they are telling me they are having similar issues, that we all three didn’t have until the firmware update. It’s not a hardware issue. The firmware update turned my highly recommended cameras to junk. I’m not happy.