Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Camera begins recording several seconds after it detects motion. This seems to have just started and it only records video for 8-9 seconds of the 12 seconds I’ve set it to record. This just started recently. My other Arlo Camera (not a Pro) records as it always has and always records all 12 seconds. Has a new software update recently happened to cause this behavior? It has always recorded all 12 seconds of video and now it only captures 8-9 seconds. It acts like it misses the first several seconds of movement being recorded as it indicates shorter than 12 seconds recorded.

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jnylen777

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thxs for the quick reply on this issue.

I’ve already tried to reposition the Camera slightly, change the motion detection percentage up & down, completely removed the device and re-added it to my setup, changed the mode and also completely re-added an entirely new mode, and also tried a complete power removed reset of the base unit.
None of these items have changed the issue. It still seems to just ignore the first several seconds of video being recorded to be able to be viewed.
Note, that my backdoor Camera (not an Arlo Pro) seems to work fine as it always has. This is why I am worried that a recent camera software update or base station software update has maybe caused my problem.
Thxs for any help or suggestions.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you raise the time recorded to 15-16 seconds, does the time then match the previous12 second record time?

Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried setting it to 16 and it still seems to miss the first seconds of video...one said it recorded 13 and the next said it recorded 15. It still looks like it misses some of what I set it for, but uses the time from when motion was detected and only actually records video for the remainder of the time. It misses 1-3 seconds in my test. I’ll leave it set for 16 for now and test it for a day or so to see if anything changed or changes. Thxs for the suggestion.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jnylen777

You are welcome!

I would still like to look in to this for you, so please let me know how it goes with your testing.

Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will do.
Thxs ...
Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShaneS,
I’ve continued to test this set for 16 seconds recording and it’s stayed consistent to record ~ 13 seconds each time. I’ve now upped the record time to 19 seconds to see if it now shows only recording 16 seconds(hence it still continues to miss the first 3 or so seconds being recorded). If this tests out as I’ve guessed it will, I’ll then try a full factory reset on the Arlo base unit and start it up as new and then see what happens to this one Camera. NOTE: My other camera continues to record at the previously set 12 seconds with no issues.
Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS,

As I suspected, changing the record time still showed that it continued to miss ~ 3-4 seconds.
Then, after having reset the base unit to Factory defaults and setting my system back up from scratch, it still has the same issue with the Pro Camera. I think that camera or its software or hardware is an issue. So, I’ve now moved the Pro Camera to a back door and then moved the backdoor Camera to the front door. The issue now follows the Camera as the Pro Camera still misses ~ 3-4 seconds of recording while my other camera continues to record all 12 seconds. I’m at a loss to resolve this issue, as it seems to just have all of a sudden began to be a problem about 6-8 weeks ago. Thxs for listening.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jnylen777

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Jnylen777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thxs. Will do.