Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frank_p
Guide
Guide

Oddly similar to a previous bug.  After a recent app update, my camera batteries are losing their charge at a very fast rate.  One camera dropped to litterally 0% just 3 days I charged it (I charged all 3 cameras in my system this week), the other two have lost about 60%.

Am I the only one experiencing this?  Is there a fix or do we have to wait for another FW update? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? I would start by rebooting the base, reinserting the camera batteries and, if all else fails, remove and resync the cameras.

frank_p
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat Tried rebooting base : No change.

Tried re-inserting battery on one of the cameras: No change.

Right now I've just removed / re-synced that same camera.  I had to plug it in because it was litterally at 0%.  Right now I'm letting it charge then I'll see if it holds its charge after a few days. 

There's clearly something wrong (and it really looks like the software issue we had last year).  This camera never comes on, it's inside my apartment, facing the door.  It never catches any movement when I'm away and the system is always off when I'm home.  The whole system is about 3 years old, I've probably charged every camera maybe 6-7 times max since I bought this kit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

frank_p
Guide
Guide

Thanks.

I have removed / re-synced and recharged two out of my three cameras and so far it *seems* like it might work.  Both are still at 100% after 3 days.