Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
PhiKapJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras total, but one of the cameras keeps randomly getting disabled, requiring me to go back into the interface and re-enable it.  It is now located about 10 feet from the base station (still happening) and fully charged, and still happening.  I tried to remove it and add it back in, but it is still doing it.

Also, when I say disable / enable, the "Camera On/Off" field is what is automatically getting set to Off, which requires me to keep going back in and turning it back to On.

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Remove the camera from your device list and then re-sync it as a new device

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PhiKapJames,

The Camera On/Off field can only be adjusted manually. Does anyone else have access to your account that could be adjusting this setting?

JamesC

PhiKapJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, removing the camera again and re-syncing did not fix the solution, as it just went back to Off again today.

My wife does have access to the app, but I had removed her access to this single camera just to make sure it was not there.

Any other ideas / suggestions on why it keeps going back to Off?  I have 4 cameras total and it is always this single camera that we call "Front".  The other 3 cameras have never went to "Off".

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
try swapping it with one of the other cameras
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

IMO the logical culprit would be interference or a weak signal from base to cam. But you said you had it 10 feet away the problem persists. Leave it at 10 feet for a day and see what happens? If it persists then you have no other logical option than to RMA and get a replacement. It's possible you got a lemon.

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
one of my cameras used to do this and I swapped it out with one of the others and have had zero issues with either of them since. im not sure if this will fix your issue but it sure wouldn't hurt to try.
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I had my base station next to my TV.  When the TV would auto off, one camera would also go off.  Manually turning off the TV left the camera on.  I moved the base station further from the base station (about a foot) and now the camera stays on. There are tons of home appliances on 2.4 ghz so it's possible one of those including a garage door opener could be the problem.  With a distance of 300' I suspect Arlo uses 2.4 and not 5 but that's just a guess. Also possible you just have a defective camera.

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo uses 2.4Ghz. It may even be interference from a neighbor's router. Could be sharing channels with the neighbors. Find the best channel for your own router and by default I beleive the Arlo base station will run on the same channel. Also, move the base station about 20 feet away from your router. You will need to buy a long LAN cable or you can hook it up to a range extender in another part of your crib.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I do use a inline adapter so my base station is about 50 ft from my router. I know it was my TVas simply moving the base station a foot away from it solved my problem.