Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To turn off single camera motion and sound detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ispywithmylittl
Follower
Follower

Hello All,

I have four arlo pro cameras and they work great.  I have one issue, I only want to arm 2 of the cameras with motion detection and only use the other two for video monitoring.  I tried to turn off both motion detection and sound detection on the two cameras but it doesnt allow me to save the settings.  I tried to create a work around by setting sound detection and (motion detection off) and turning off my microphone but, I still get sound detected notifications.  Is there a way to turn off detection for a specific camera?  Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Instead of going into the camera setting, go into settings (on android under the 3 dots at the top, from a browser from "settings" at the op of the screen. Do not own an iphone).  The "devices" and select the camera you want to change settings for.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like you need to create custom modes. Mode tab, select your base and create a new mode. Only put in the cameras that you want to be active for motion and/or sound detection - any camera without a rule is disarmed. You can still manually live view and record on those cameras.  If this is what you want, check the FAQs here for full details.

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

If you are using the default schedule which is armed, go to Mode then Armed and click the pencil to edit.

Click the camera you want to change.

Select Motion, Audio or both

Then select Do Nothing or record video and then click Save