Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera does not blink blue/amber when I press on the Sync Button

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sam10521
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo Pro Base Station was setup and both the first and second lights are stale green.  I'm trying to add the Camera, so I press the Sync button at the top of the Base Station and the third lights starts to blink.  Then I bring the camera 1-3 ft to the Base Station and click on the Sync on top of the Camera and nothing happens.  There is no blinking blue or green light.  I read that I should remove and disconnect everything along with removing the battery from the camera.  I have tried this, but It is still not working.  I am able to setup the Base Station just fine, but the camear will not sync.  I've even tried while Having the adapter plugged in and same outcome.  Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sam10521
Tutor
Tutor

Ok Weird.  So I was on hold with tech support for an hour. I guess during that time something happened,  Anyways I did a hard reset on the back of the base station and waited until three amber lights turned on and tried the installation process from the beginning and everything worked!  Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you launched the Arlo app from your smart phone or on a computer connected to the same network as the base and then selected new system setup?

sam10521
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I've setup the base station and then try to add the camera. i'm following the steps via the manual step by step but when I reach the step of pressing the sync. that's where I run into problems as it's not syncing. no blinking lights on the camera. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Do you have another camera that you can try?

How long are you pressing the sync button on the camera for?

When you plug the charger into the camera with battery inserted, does the blue led flash for a few seconds before going out?

sam10521
Tutor
Tutor

Nope, just one camer.

I read from other posts to not hold the sync button long, so just a simple 1 second press.

Yes, when i plug in the charger into the camera, the camera blinks blue led for a few seconds. that's the only time it turns on. after that, it won't turn on .

Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK that quick blue flash is normal and shows that the camera is charging. Just wanted to make sure at least that much was working.

Try hold the sync button for longer, like the suggested 2 seconds.

Are you adding the camera using the app on your phone or https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login  ?

If you haven't tried the latter then try that on a computer attached to the same network as the base and select the New To Arlo option and follow the prompts to add your camera.

sam10521
Tutor
Tutor

Ok Weird.  So I was on hold with tech support for an hour. I guess during that time something happened,  Anyways I did a hard reset on the back of the base station and waited until three amber lights turned on and tried the installation process from the beginning and everything worked!  Thanks

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Excellent. Well done.
Twinning
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is the phone number for tech support
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Depends on what country you are in