Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three of these original Arlo Pro indoor cameras, and they have worked well for years. In the last couple of months one of them runs down the battery in a matter of a couple of weeks. I'll charge them all and the other two will still be at 100% more than a month in, while the third is at 97% within a day or two, and down to 35% or lower within a couple of weeks. I even swapped batteries between two of them, and the battery drain does not follow the battery, it stays with the camera. I know these are at "end of life", but wondering if there's some fix for this condition?

I'm also running these cameras on a VMB4000r3 Smart Hub Base Station and wondering if there is no fix for the battery drain, what camera could I get that will also connect to this base station.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If possible, you can use external power to run the camera. I'd test both having the battery installed as well as not installed to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's a faulty camera with no option to fix.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll add that all three cameras are located indoors.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest that you try swapping the camera, and then confirm that the problem stays with the camera (and not the location).

All currently sold Arlo cameras are either compatible with your base or can be directly connected to your home wifi.  

One caveat - all currently sold cameras require a subscription for cloud storage. 

Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the switch of two of the cameras. Although, the one giving me the issue is actually the closest to the base station (maybe 20 feet and no walls). The one in the garage (which is working fine) has two sheet rock walls to go through and a metal fire door. I'll report back in a couple of days.

I also have a subscription already, but am thinking about plugging a USB drive into the base station. Still reading up on that possibility.

Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Switched camera locations, and the battery drain followed the camera. So, I've got an End Of Life camera that drains batteries. Suggestions anyone?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If possible, you can use external power to run the camera. I'd test both having the battery installed as well as not installed to see if there's any difference. Otherwise, it's a faulty camera with no option to fix.