Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jsm174
Guide
Guide

Hello.

I just purchased an Arlo Pro 4 camera system. I also picked up a single VMC4030 to make it five.

As I was setting up the system, I had all cameras side by side pointing at the same thing. The single VMC4030 has a really bad green tint while the other four have perfect images. 

I can't seem to find any settings that would control tint, etc.

Is the camera defective or am I missing something?

Thanks,

-- Jason 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsm174,

Can you confirm what firmware the affected camera is on? This could be a symptom of older firmware. This can be found by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Pro > Device info. If an update is available please update your devices.

If you do not see any firmware updates available. Reboot your Arlo Pro Base Station and try again.

Also be sure you are running the latest version of the iOS/Android app from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be defective but try putting it in a different location/lighting before contacting support.  Open and close the battery door.

My cameras show a bit of a reddish cast (whites still look white, though). I thought it was the IR cut filter as has happened with other cameras but it's obvious that it's a color cast (mild) due to the sensor and/or software.

jsm174
Guide
Guide

Thanks. Yes I tried all different spots but same Greenish tint. Tried rebooting, etc.

Since I had all 5 side by side with same general picture, something is definitely messed up. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsm174,

Can you confirm what firmware the affected camera is on? This could be a symptom of older firmware. This can be found by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Pro > Device info. If an update is available please update your devices.

If you do not see any firmware updates available. Reboot your Arlo Pro Base Station and try again.

Also be sure you are running the latest version of the iOS/Android app from the app store.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For reference, mine at 1.088.0.0_9373.

jsm174
Guide
Guide

Hello.

Below are the images as requested.

All cameras seem to be running 

1.085.0.0_8669

The base is running

1.8.1.1_8707

I rebooted the base and it always says

"No updates available."

Here is how the cameras were sitting on the counter:

IMG_3678.JPG

Camera has a greenish tint:

IMG_3684-1.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't see the images yet before they're approved.  My base is at 1.8.2_9322 so both of mine are newer than yours.  @TomMac has also stated that his were older but I don't know if he's been updated.  Maybe I have beta firmware since Netgear supplied these units to me rather than bought from a store?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsm174,

I see you are using the iOS version of the Arlo mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app from the app store. As of 10/24/2016 the current version is 2.2.0.

The firmware for your camera/base station is not current. Consider logging in using a web browser, do you still not see a notification for update available?

JamesC

jsm174
Guide
Guide

@JamesC

I am on 2.2.0 for the iOS app.

As for the trying the "https://arlo.netgear.com/#/settings/mydevices" website, no luck their either.

The 4 pack of Arlo Pro cameras read:

Hardware H6

Firmware 1.085.0.0_8669

The individual Arlo Pro camera (the one with green tint) reads:

Hardware H7

Firmware 1.085.0.0_8669

The Base Station:

HW Version VMB4000r3

FW Version 1.8.1.1_8707

See attached screen shots.

reg_cam.jpg

green_cam.jpg

base.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsm174,

Thank you for the screenshots. I will create a support case for this issue and private message you with the case information.

JamesC

jsm174
Guide
Guide

Well tonight I was playing around with my configuration and renamed my cameras via the website.

Suddenly the website locked up, and after closing / reopening Chrome, I saw the base station updated to 1.8.2_9322.

I then updated all my cameras to 1.088.0.0_9373.

Unfortunately the H7 camera still has the green tint, so I will exchange it at Best Buy.

I also noticed one of my outdoor cameras has a high pitched sqeaking sound in the audio. Has anyone else reported that?

I can share a clip if necessary.

jsm174
Guide
Guide

Ok I was too quick to say the green tint was still happening.

I thought my thumbnail had refreshed and it didn't.  It is working fine now, so the firmware update did the trick:

IMG_3707.PNG

As for the one camera that has a high pitch squeal, here is the video:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/EAF59D5DCD16ECEC_201610

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a green tint on tow of the camera's out of the box. All four are H7 hardware and were all the same older firmware. The fact that it wa sprsent on only two implies it wa snot the firmware. But in updating the firmware I needed to do a few full resets as I was getting firmware update failures. When they did all update the green tint on two was gone. But attribute this more to the resets as they had all had hte same initial firmware and hardware.

That is just a data point on it possibly being resolved by a few resets more than just fireware update alone.

tibert
Star
Star

I had a white-balance issue as well with the latest firmware (as of 2/22/17).  Looked yellow against white (similar to the images in this thread).  Agent indicated it was a bug with the Pan & Zoom feature when it is turned on (also can affect the live-view when in night-vision... being all black, etc.).  Workaround is to reset the Pan & Zoom (button should be enabled on the page when it is active).  Fixed my issue.