Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AKU-KEVAL
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro Camera goes offline , I think I have to reset it manually 

This doesn't help one is away from home and trying to keep an eye on the house.

Can anything be done remotly?

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it the base or camera that is going offline ??  ( do other cameras work or all out ? )

If it is the base, then in remote locations I recommend using a UPS on at least the base unit, if not the base, router, modem.

This eliminates many of the outages due to power issues which can knock thebase/camera offline.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DuncanYB
Star
Star

Having the same problem with 1 of the 3 cameras. Seems on the 20th a new firmware was loaded and since then the range is not as good as it was. (1.092.0.23_32920)

DuncanYB
Star
Star

I have a similar issue, seems that is started with Firmware 1.092.0.23_32920. One camera out of the 3 goes offline, seems to be out of range, yet this always used to work just fine 😕

darlingbud
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've been having this problem for several months with one of my cameras.  We've tried moving the base station, changing out batteries, but still, we have to reset the camera every few days.  I've also noticed the camera actually stops recording about a 1/2 day before it shows it being offline.

JonnyZ323
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchesed the arlo pro system about a year ago and now having troubles. I have two cameras total one camera is fine but the other tells me its offline. Ive tried resetting the system, unpluging it and pluging it back in when i swap the batterys from the good one to the bad one theres no change so that makes me think its not a battery problem. When i hit the sync button on top of the camera nothing happens, when i pull the battery out and put it back in it flashes once blue. I believe the camera has failed which just being a year old makes me frustrated. Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If still within the 1 year warranty period, open a case with support for a replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JonnyZ323
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absoluetly disgusted right now. my camera is a year and a month old we determined the camera was faulty. alro will not replace my camera. After being on the phone for an hour and 10 mins they told me to buy a new one...yeah okay.. ill go buy another 150 dollar camera to last a year again.

Kyleesler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Absolutely gutted, poor quality grainy resolution. Set to best quality, talking it back. Tried 5 flash drives also and can’t format on the base as keeps saying format failed, but it is actually recording. Thought maybe the USB would might be better but nope. And I am not buying the fish eye crap either, my go pro would make a better camera than this. Will make a real you tube video of this camera with 10mbs upload speed shown and I have 20mps download speed. Gutted
NicoleR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It went back online after some power cycling the last two times. But to have to keep doing this doesn’t seem normal. And it isn’t my internet.
bstark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sad to say I can echo these remarks. 1 of 3...I initially thought maybe I just had a bad battery. I have had the units since December 2017. I upgraded maybe a year ago to a 4000 base to get offline recording, after the failed promised of activating the 3000 base usb ports. Fast forward to around the same time as others, 1 camera of the 3, and typically the busiest one..just randomly hard drops connection. The bad part is you don't know its down until you realize you haven't gotten a notification in a day or so. I thought maybe the batteries were just not holding a charge anymore, so I wasted money on a new pair of battery packs. I even went as far as to do a full system hard reset, and reconfigure everything from scratch. No dice...still that 1 camera, no matter where it is located, eventually drops and burns the battery.

I am faced with the same dilemma as most. The Arlo system was great back before they decided they needed to add smarts and other crust, while never really fixing the base functions like geofencing. I have 1GB/1GB and streaming is still a laggy unpredictable mess. The only device that had been fairly trouble free is the Arlo Baby, which connects direct to wifi...hint hint...I am interested in what others plan to do. At this point, it's hard to stomach even replacing 1 camera if it's just going to continue. Is it just time to eat the cost and move on? I am on the fence...sadly there aren't many systems that can do what Arlo can, wirelessly, before they started mucking with stuff. The B word comes close, but don't have any local abilities at all. I keep my Base on ups power, so as long as the batteries are charged, I still get sdcard based recording.

Seriously, does ANYONE really want smart notifications that come so delayed they are useless for anything other than archiving? What's a man to do...the WAF is tanking by the month...

Ray334
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, anyone had problems when losing Internet arlo loses communication until reseting supply. Does not reboot when Internet recovers.
margulies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have several cameras, all of which are plugged in, as of yesterday I have one that went off line, cannot figure why,

rebooted main box, unplugged and plugged back in, I also have a very slow amber light flashing on the camera, the camera has been in same location for 6 months, signal is not a problem, it has been working fine til now,

Like lots of other conversations, there are  bugs in the system, I have had issues in the past and have been able to trouble shoot and resolve them, this is one I am having trouble with, does anyone have any suggestions,

Thank you

jneth1
Initiate
Initiate

I have a VMB3000 Netgear base station, with 10 Arlo pro cameras connected to it. Whe I first set it up, I didn't have an issue, now the cameras will not stay connected. I have replaced batteries on all cameras more then one, rebooted netgear router more than once, yet my cameras will not stay connected.  

Do I need a different base station or range extender?

If I go through and resync every camera, they will stay connected for 8 to 10 hours, then lose connection again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jneth1

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Thomasbrownjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two arlo boxes .. one with 4 cameras and the other with 3 cameras. Unfortunately when I plug both boxes in .. I loose connectivity on one box and it appears offline for several cameras. Is it possible the two arlo boxes are interfering with each other?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thomasbrownjr wrote:
Is it possible the two arlo boxes are interfering with each other?

How close together are the two base stations?

Does the off-line base station recover and come back on-line?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are experiencing an offline camera issue, please find the following troubleshooting steps here: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?