Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera Battery Is Not Charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rachel168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro VMC4030-100NAS

I have the cameras hard wired. they worked for two years without any problems but now the batteries are not charging. one is completely dead and another one is almost dead. the third is still working and charging

do these batteris only last 2 years? even when hard wired? that's not very long

I don't know why they're not charging

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Rachel168

Have you tried to swap the camera batteries around with the other camera to see if they charge correctly? Are the cameras up to date on the latest firmware? 

I have attached the firmware release notes here for you - Firmware Release Notes

Rachel168
Aspirant
Aspirant

no, I haven't

two of the batteries have died and won't charge. i just bought new batteries for them this morning

I'm monitoring them to see if they are charging. so far it's been 4 hours and they aren't gaining any charge.....just losing. one is at 24% and the other is at 20%

I'm not too pleased with these cameras. they didn't last very long before having problems. I see lots of people have the same problems with batteries not charging. Arlo needs to get this problem solved

the new batteries come with a charging cord but nothing to charge them with so that was kinda useless

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Rachel168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought 3 new batteries and a charging station

I tried swapping different parts to see what works, I took the cameras indoors and charged them and they seemed to work inside but not outside

I used the charging station to charge all the batteries to 100%

right now using the old batteries and the new charging plug......two of the cameras are staying at 100%. one is at 98% right now

I also contacted Arlo support and they had no answer for me other than try swapping batteries and parts, and asked for the PN number of the old charging plugs. they said they're not the correct plugs......but that's what came with the cameras in the first place. even the new cameras I bought are using the same PN number charging plugs

I'm keeping an eye on the charge to see if it keeps going lower