Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an ArloPro system for dad and liked it so much I bought one for myself.  I recently got it up and running, but I am having problems with one of my cameras.  I bought 3 and one of them I thought had a bad battery that would not charge.  Since I bought the cameras in April and did not get them out of the box until the end of September I am assuming QVC would fuss about the time it has taken me to return due to this problem, so I just purchased another battery on Amazon.  Well, I have replaced it tonight (after charging it for several hours first) and the amber light blinks twice and thats all it does.  Do you think there is a problem with the camera itself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I had not thought about switching the battery from one of my other cameras at the time because I was heading to the airport, but the problem ended up being there needed to be a firmware update done on the camera and I got that taken care of by one of Arlo's great tech support!!  But on the bright side of things I now have an extra battery so I can switch out one of the others as they deplete and dont have to wait on it to charge!  Thank you, again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why don't you swap the battery with the other cameras that are working so you could figure out what is broken. You should have done this before buying a new battery. 

eskimopy5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I had not thought about switching the battery from one of my other cameras at the time because I was heading to the airport, but the problem ended up being there needed to be a firmware update done on the camera and I got that taken care of by one of Arlo's great tech support!!  But on the bright side of things I now have an extra battery so I can switch out one of the others as they deplete and dont have to wait on it to charge!  Thank you, again!