Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro purchased within the last few weeks new issue with alarm

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dmraskin
Follower
Follower

When testing my camera's alarm the sound only came out of the base station and not out of the camera.  Is this how it is supposed to work?  I would think is should come out of the camera.  What is the purpose of the alarm?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Dmraskin wrote:

When testing my camera's alarm the sound only came out of the base station and not out of the camera.  Is this how it is supposed to work?  I would think is should come out of the camera.  What is the purpose of the alarm?

Yes, the siren comes out of the base unit... the purpose is to alert you

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JNewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes no sense, you have to tap the alarm in the app, I had assumed you would use the alarm to warn people off, totally useless feature to have it come out of the base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on where the people are as well as whether a siren in a battery-operated camera would be loud enough. It also depends on how you use it, to scare someone away or to notify yourself.

Boostland
Star
Star

You can set the base alarm to come on when a camera detects motion in the modes tab.
Place the base so the sound is audible to the camera position you are concerned about.

Or you could tell them to leave via the microphone feature on live view 😉

If really want the siren to come one from the camera as well put in a product suggestion it might be possible to add it.