Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lindaagee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My rechargeable battery in the Arlo Pro lasted less than a week before having to be recharged. Is there any way to run this on AC current?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lindaagee,

Arlo Pro can be powered using the included power adapter/cable. Your battery should last 4-6 months under normal usage. How many videos/live streams took place on the affected camera? Poor signal strength can also cause increased battery drain. What is the signal strength like at the affected camera's location?

JamesC

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I suggest you plug it in.

I've been running for over a year.

Less of a headache.

Much more reliable.

lindaagee
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had are Arlo camera with rechargeable battery pointed toward a parking lot in back of our downtown building. This faced an alley and there was lots of activity throughout the day. Also, there were lots of birds in the morning that activated the camera. Battery power lasted less than a week. We figured out how to go ahead and mount the camera outdoors by protecting the adapter and cord from the weather and running it to a nearby electrical outlet. Works fine this way.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

DaveWoj wrote:

I suggest you plug it in.

I've been running for over a year.

Less of a headache.

Much more reliable.

You've been running a plugged in Arlo Pro camera for over a year??

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Actually I've been running the original arlo with an AC adapter for over a year.

I've been running the Pro for over a month.

The original Arlo was modified with alligator clips going to the battery terminals.

I realize that the Arlo was designed to run off battery but if you are able to power it constantly, that is really the most trouble free way to go in my opinion.