Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro, netgear ac2200 nighthawk wifi extender, Verizon hotspot t1114v

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WirelessG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll make this simple. Can these 3 work together? I haven't been able to get clarity on this. I myself have not been able to get the extender to transmit the internet signal wireless, only "hard wired"(works fine as a wifi connection that way). The arlo pro as we know must be hard wired to a router, in this case, the netgear night hawk wifi extender ac2200. The issue is that if this internet signal can only be accomplished hard wired (Verizon hotspot to extender), then there's no place to hard wire the Ethernet between extender and arlo pro since extender only has one Ethernet port...the whole point was for the extender to work wireless with the hotspot then hard wire arlo pro. If anyone has "successfully" accomplished this set up of those 3 devices specifically, please chime in. The only device of those that could vary in my scenario would be the type of extender as that most likely won't matter. Thank you ahead for your input.
4 REPLIES 4
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You would want to configure your EX7300 in wireless bridge mode, which would connect the extender to your main router wirelessly, and than you could connect your Arlo Base into the gigabit port on your extender I would think....I use the EX7000 which has 4 wired ethernet ports so that is how I connected my arlo base, but my extender is in access point mode.

WirelessG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. Thank you for the insight. Just so we are clear, you are actively and successfully running an arlo pro with the ex7300 and a Verizon Novotel t1114v hotspot? I just want the be absolutely clear because it may be easier to take the 7300 back and get the 7000 extender. I'm considering that option...thank you for your feed back.
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry, let me be more clear on my setup. I currently have TWC internet connected to a NetGear X4S router, then upstairs I have the EX7000 connected via ethernet to the X4S to extend my WiFi. Then I have my Arlo Pro base connected via ethernet to the EX7000. 

I was going to ask you what you use for your router, but I see your Verizon Novotel T1114v is a router in it's self. So I would think you would be able to connect your EX7300 or EX7000 to your Novotel device wirelessly, and than use the ethernet port for your Arlo Base...But I think the EX7000 is just more versatile with the multiple ethernet ports.

But in saying all that, I can't guarantee anything, because I have never used the Novotel device and not sure if extenders can connect to it.

WirelessG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. Thank you for clarifying. This post is strictly related to being able to use the 3 devices together that are listed in the title of the post. If someone isn't using a 4G Hotspot, your answer most likely won't match what I am seeking to understand. Again. Thank you for taking time to attempt at helping. Anyone who is using a 4G LTE hotspot with a wifi extender to get wifi signal to arlo pro specifically....please respond. Thank you ahead for your time