Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Life Cycle Expectancy (Recharge Cycles!)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi there,

I was wondering, do you know how long in (years?) or recharge cycles should each of the batteries last? I mean, how often should we buy a new one for replacement?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

500 cycles are the typical number of cycles of these types of batteries before performance starts to drop off.

The battery in the camera will not charge off a 5v supply. However, if you removed the battery from the supply, then the camera would run off a 5v usb supply so should work off your power pack.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you assumed a minimum of 500 recharge cycles, you'll be using something else by that time. You could buy one now, charge it to 40% and store it as a "just-in-caser"...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks jguerdat for your reply! Is that "500 cycles" number documented somewhere, or where did you get it from?

On a tangent question, I've read that in order to charge the batteries via the USB port in the cameras, you need to output 9 V (instead of the regular 5 V).

Is that how it is? If so, what a bummer. My plan was to take a big power bank (20000 mAh) to the cameras and charge them that way, but they would only output 5v.

Thanks again

Streak2
Master Master
Master

500 cycles are the typical number of cycles of these types of batteries before performance starts to drop off.

The battery in the camera will not charge off a 5v supply. However, if you removed the battery from the supply, then the camera would run off a 5v usb supply so should work off your power pack.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yeah, you need the 9v to charge the battery. 5v will only run the camera.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Great; thanks both for your replies!