Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hyrenot
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have used five cameras (3 Pro and 2 Pro2) for some months.A week ago (around April 4) all of them went empty. They have worked good during winter.  Coincidence I thought.

I have charged all  up to 100% two days ago but now they show 58%, 71%, 54%, 70% and 77%.

Most of the time I have had the cameras turned off.

Last time I charged the cameras (a couple of them) I didn't experience this.

The only explanation I can think of is that I have another WiFi network just nearby, but that has been the case for a long time, when all worked OK.

So, do you have any explanation?

Best regards

Stefan Nyman, southern Sweden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hyrenot
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again, I have made a rearrangement of my network.

I moved the Arlo base away from the the primary hub with WiFi, the Amplifi Mesh Router and the Verisure security system. (!)

Charged the batteries with the charging station two days ago and now everything looks OK.

They are still 100% filled up.
So, having all the base stations sharing the same shelf is not a good idea.

I must have missed that info. (I really can't find it)

Thanks guys for the input!

/Stefan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unknown if a new FW or interference may be causing your issue.

but something to keep in mind;

How do you charge them ?

If using the supplied ac adapter and battery is in the camera, the cell pack will really only be charged to 80%,

( this is done to prevent overcharge if left long term ) tho the cell will read 100% charge

If charged in the external charge tube Netgear has, the battery pack will receive a real 100% charge.

I find the external charged battery packs to last longer as they hold 20% more.... this may be your issue

( as the battery packs come new with a full charge )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

They shouldn't drain that fast in two days if most of the time the cameras are off. Could be something in the communication between the cameras and the base is hung up causing them to constantly try to communcate which drains the battery.

Reboot your arlo base and see if that helps. If not, turn off arlo base, turn off your router, reboot your modem, once up, turn on your router, once up, turn on the arlo base. See if that helps.

Hyrenot
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for answers!
Since my first message all cameras have lost exactly 7% of their capacity.
I have charged them all with the battery inside, and I will try to use the external charger next time (Thanks for that tip).

But my problem is perhaps a communication hung up.
I will try that advice too. And move the Arlo base away from router WiFi.

I will get back later with the rsult!

/

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are you turning the cameras off?  Hopefully not by turning the base off which will wear down batteries quickly.

Hyrenot
Tutor
Tutor

They are turned off via the app. I understand that if you turn off the base station, the cameras are working hard, trying to communicate.

Hyrenot
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again, I have made a rearrangement of my network.

I moved the Arlo base away from the the primary hub with WiFi, the Amplifi Mesh Router and the Verisure security system. (!)

Charged the batteries with the charging station two days ago and now everything looks OK.

They are still 100% filled up.
So, having all the base stations sharing the same shelf is not a good idea.

I must have missed that info. (I really can't find it)

Thanks guys for the input!

/Stefan