Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yxarlo
Tutor
Tutor

Battery drain increased significantly since July 2018. Now drains upto 5% a day. I have had most of the cameras up for over 1 year. A couple more added 3 months ago. All used to last 3 or 4 months per charge, now I have to charge every 2.5 weeks. The only thing changed seems to be firmware updates in July 2018. How do I revert back to old firmware?

123 REPLIES 123
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm in the Arlo Beta / Field Trials program. New firmware is being tested now.

leehabes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo updated my firmware. Battery drainage now about 1 per cent per day. Base station and 1 battery were also replaced. The firmware update appears to work much better.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

are you in the beta too then ? Beacuse i dont have new firmware and the changelog page is still showing as July

MrSpoons
Star
Star

My batteries don't seem to last 12 hours at the moment - Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2.  They are both less than six months old as well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those users who have been experiencing increased battery drain, a new firmware release is now available that will help resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience as the development team has worked to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The firmware on your cameras will automatically be updated between 3:00a.m.- 5:00a.m. PST. 

Please be aware that if your cameras or base station are offline or actively recording during that window, they may not receive the update.  If you do not receive the update during that window you can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For information on this release, take a look here:

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 - 26th September 2018

Arlo Pro 2 - 1.125.11.1_25366 - 26th September 2018

JamesC

rockran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok my cameras got the firmware update. No firmware update for the base unit?

Hoping this solves the issue

Thanks

marcussuk481
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Can we ask what the root cause of the issue was that caused issue to occur,   is this a temporary work around or does it increase the battery life back to months

Thanks

mmwada
Aspirant
Aspirant

The firmware update for my 3 cameras occured overnight for me.  What also occured was the firmware update for the base station.  The firmware went from 1.10.0.8_22190 to 1.10.0.9_23037.  I don't see this firmware version being released but remember seeing something about this on this forum.  

Just to mention, I didn't have any battery drain issues prior to this and after the June/July updates.  All batteries were recently charged on Monday September 24.  Prior to the firmware upadates the battery level was at 100 percent for all cameras.  This morning the battery level on all 3 cameras dropped to 92 percent to 96 percent.  Is this normal or do we have a new concern?

sward6368
Apprentice
Apprentice

This AM the camera firmware updates were pending for me (I just manually applied).  The base station did not have a pending update, but is currently on 1.10.0.9_23037.  I dont recall what my base station was prior, but like you, I can not find this base station version documented on the release notes page unless I am overlooking it.

Agree would be helpful if both cameras and base station were updated it was listed in release notes so we can at least confirm our devices are running newest (and hopefully) greatest versions.

edck
Tutor
Tutor

is base station version 2.5.3_22376 the latest?  It has release date of 7/30/2018.  I see my camara firmware got updated. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base station firmware should be 1.10.0.9_23037. I think you're referring to the app version.

sward6368
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have V 1.10.0.9_23037 on my base station (Base station purchased in August 2019 with Arlo Pro cameras).  Not sure if current since is not in release notes, but appears to be a newer version than what you listed based on #.

Jimbodos
Aspirant
Aspirant

my firmware now is 1.125.11.1  25366   What say you group  ?  Thanks  Left everything on last night and armed.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Production units will see the firmware update in the next 24-48 hours.  

Firmware versions:
Gen 3 and Gen 4 Base Station  1.10.0.9.23037
Camera VMC4030 (Arlo Pro) 1.092.0.17_25364
Camera VMC4030P (Arlo Pro2) 1.125.11.1_25366

Jimbodos
Aspirant
Aspirant

August 2019  You must have a time machine   Wowow

Tazewell47
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you know if your device is updated?  Should the cameras be activated for update?

Arlolosh
Tutor
Tutor

This is an update to my last message dated 9/5/18.  First I want to thank Netgear for addressing this issue and hopefully it fixes the issue.  On 9/27/18 updates to my base unit (1.10.0.9_23037) and cameras (1.092.0.17_25364) have been applied.

In my last message I reported that the base unit was rebooted on 9/5/18 at the direction of the tech rep and all four cameras recharged to 100%.  Since that time (21 days) all four cameras lost 40% power with minimal recording activity.  This is my benchmark for the new firmware update and I will provide an update to this community in one to two months with my results.  My expectations are certainly to have the cameras maintain power for multiple months as they did prior to the June firmware update.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Tazewell47 wrote:

How do you know if your device is updated?  Should the cameras be activated for update?

The base an cameras have to be tuned on, but do not have to be armed to receive the update.

To check your firmware...... (instructions for android, iOS app probably similiar)

Open arlo app, tap three dots in upper right corner, tap "settings", tab "my devices", tap your base, tap "device info"

That's your base firmware.

For camera firmware...

Tap the gear icon for the camera, tap "device info"

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

The Arlo and Arlo Pro Base Station does have a firmware update with some bug fixes. You can see more here: Arlo Base Station - 1.10.0.9_23037 - 26th September 2018

edck
Tutor
Tutor
So far so good. After 2 days and 10+ videos, battery only drop 1%, this is back to normal. Thanks.
Ktt
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo team

Have a question for you.... Since you pushed out firmware update to hopefully fix the battery drain problem, that your software and or hardware caused, why dont you give ALL the Customers some sort of credit?

-money off pack of batteries or credit against the pro account (in my case that I have with 10 cameras coverage)

Everyone bought the product based on it working at least similar to advertised, however in my case i went thru 25$ of CR123 batteries before you pushed out your firmware fix that stated it fixed battery drain issue (product flaw)

If you really want to be a world class company, remember ALL the people that have bought your product in good faith of it working correctly

thanks, signed loyal Netgear product user

Kt

reduviid
Tutor
Tutor

Across the five days since the firmware update, battery discharge rate across four cameras is back to “normal”. Excellent.

rockran
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far so good. A bit early to comment for sure. Fingers crossed

lufcsak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, I had to spend £26 on new batteries for my 3 cameras when they were all at around 47% before their rapid battery drain! Also contacting your support team is horrendous, you can only use a computer to do it in the uk, not via mobile or tablets and even when I try to submit my message it won’t submit. The only way I have been able to contact customer support is through live chat meaning I speak to someone different every time about the same case. Fingers crossed I never have another problem, shame because the system is very good when working as it should..