Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LongboardLu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are base stations the same for VMS4430 (4 camera system) & VMS4230 (2 camera system)?

If so, how many cameras can I sync to each individual base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. The Pro bases (or the original one) are identical. You can sync up to 15 cameras per base.

That said, any base can only stream 5 at a time. There's also the limit of 5 total cameras per free account, 10 or 15 for the paid plans.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. The Pro bases (or the original one) are identical. You can sync up to 15 cameras per base.

That said, any base can only stream 5 at a time. There's also the limit of 5 total cameras per free account, 10 or 15 for the paid plans.

cubanizado
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought the 4 camera Arlo Pro package for outside monitoring which came with a base station.  I now want to add a few more Arlo Pro Cameras to the same base station . I was hoping to save some money by buying another 4 at once (but without the base station) I only see the "bundles" sold with the base stations.  Does anybody know if/where I can get a deal on multiple cameras only.  I am willing to up grade my storage plan to accommodate the additional cameras but I'm looking to save by buying a few at once and not pay for a base station I don't need.  

I have the same question for the Arlo Q Plus, (which I'm going to use indoors) which I've also only seen sold individually.

It just seems silly to buy one at a time, if I could buy a few at once and save some money.

Advice?