Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Addy11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the Arlo Pro over a year ago and no big issues until a couple weeks ago. The base station disconnects from the internet every few hours, the app shows the cameras as offline, and I end up having to restart the modem itself. Unplugging the power cord and the ethernet cable from the base station doesnt solve the problem, as well as restarting it. Tried doing a reset and re-syncing all the cameras, but that didnt resolve the issue either. The problem is not with the ethernet ports or modem as other devices work fine with them, and the internet connection on other devices are not affected. I hope someone can help - thank you!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Addy11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant to reply sooner but the most bizarre coincidence fixed this issue.

We had an electrician come to fix something and he had to switch off the main power in the breaker box. Since then, Arlo has been working without any of the previous issues.

I guess it reset everything at the same time, including the modem and the base station.

Something worth trying.....

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When "offline", what are the base LEDs showing? If all 3 are green, I'd submit that it's not offline. I occasionally get this and force close the app and log back in. Almost always, this cures the problem. Also, try using a browser to see if that works.

If this works, we have no real way of debugging it. It may be the app, it may be the devices, it may be the connection, etc. 

Addy11
Aspirant
Aspirant

The middle light (internet connection) is completely off - not even amber.

The other two remain green.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means the base isn't even connecting to the router. Try rebooting the router and base, in that order, letting the router initialize before starting the base.

Addy11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your responses.

I have tried your advice (rebooting the router then the base) for the last two days but the base station still disconnects from the internet about twice a day, and the only way to get it back online is for me to manually restart the router.

Im not too sure what more to do. Is it possible that something is wrong with the base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

valerama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if this was ever resolved, but one cause of a device losing a connection from the router is an IP device conflict. In homes with dozens of devices connecting to the same router it's not an uncommon problem. You can check to see if this might be the issue by logging into your router when the device is working and checking the IP address. Then when it's not working, do that again and see if another device is using that IP address.

The easiest solution is to set a fixed IP address to the ARLO hub, then it can't be arbitrarily assigned to another device.

joe43wv
Tutor
Tutor

I think the issue is either caused by a recent firmware upgrade or Arlo is having issues on their end. I'm experiencing the EXACT same issue.

Addy11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant to reply sooner but the most bizarre coincidence fixed this issue.

We had an electrician come to fix something and he had to switch off the main power in the breaker box. Since then, Arlo has been working without any of the previous issues.

I guess it reset everything at the same time, including the modem and the base station.

Something worth trying.....