Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant

My internet is online but my ios mobile app is saying that the base station is offline. I have verified all the LED lights and all 3 lights are solid green. All smart appliances are working great with the same internet. My ios is definitely the latest version as I have verified same now.

My model # is actually VMB4000.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I take that back. Just figured out that my base station needed to be re added to my account before syncing. While watching a video on how to reinstall, I saw that and figured I may have skipped that step. So I did and voila! Just like magic. Lol everything all connected as if nothing wrong or frustrating ever happened. Lol

Thanks bud for trying to help me out. You totally encouraged me to keep trying various stuffs until I finally got it right. 🙏🏾

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Kierano
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi,

just trying set system up and cant finish set up using app or on computer.

its says system unexpected issues

Streak2
Master Master
Master

All working fine this side.

Try power cycling the base (power off then power on).

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already did that still didn’t change anything.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Last resort. Delete the cameras using the app and then use a paperclip to factory reset the base and start from scratch.

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought of that but would only do this as a last resort as you said. Hoping someone has gone through this for sure and has a 💯 solution. Don’t mind what the solution is as long as it works, then I’ll go for Same. Thank you kindly though. I appreciate your time.

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I finally did what you suggested by deleting everything and starting from the scratch now the whole system has refused to set up or pair with each other. Tried syncing the cameras afresh with the base but it will not connect. I’m so frustrated. Lol
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did you do the paperclip reset of the base?

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I promise. I can do it again if you want.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I believe you just wanted to make sure.

Sometimes the base can experience interference from the router to which it is attached.

Try and use a longer ethernet cable to move it even a few feet away, up or down.

Remember only a short press (about 2 seconds) on the sync button on the base.

Also try and sync one of the cameras while attached to the charger.

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, just tried your suggestions and still no luck.

I think mine might be broken. A factory reset should have indeed solved all issues I’m having but it didn’t. In fact, it has refused to sync which is very concerning. I mean I was the one who setup both my cameras at different times and I never had an issue setting them up. It was never an issue for me as I indeed know how to sync my cameras from the scratch.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried resetting the cameras by removing the batteries for a few seconds?

Your base may well be broken. Only other real test is to take it to a friend's house and to see if it will set up there.

DukeofAfrica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I take that back. Just figured out that my base station needed to be re added to my account before syncing. While watching a video on how to reinstall, I saw that and figured I may have skipped that step. So I did and voila! Just like magic. Lol everything all connected as if nothing wrong or frustrating ever happened. Lol

Thanks bud for trying to help me out. You totally encouraged me to keep trying various stuffs until I finally got it right. 🙏🏾

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Well done for persevering. I guess after this there wont be much you can't solve on your own.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi DukeofAfrica,

The community is always here to help. I am glad you have your system up and running!