Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera offline/connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dowxpert
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 cameras.  3 cameras are always going offline.  I’ve rotated cameras to different rooms.  There is no pattern, I’ll always have 3 of 5 cameras offline.   I’ve attached the base station as far away from the router (which is the length of the power cord). Base station is plugged into an xfinity router. I’ve changed router settings, changed channels on router.  The cameras that go offline are well within a communication range. I have cameras that are plugged in and others that use batteries.  Sometime the battery ones go offline, sometimes the ones plugged in.  One thing is certain, it’s always going to be 3 cameras that are offline.  When trying to reconnect, I can get the cameras back online for a very short period of time (a few minutes). 

I’ve tried everything that has been recommended on here so far.  Cameras are 2 years old. 

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check all firmware versions to verify that they're up to date. You may need to resort to resetting the system and starting fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

You'll need to rebuild your settings, modes, rules and schedule if you do this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check all firmware versions to verify that they're up to date. You may need to resort to resetting the system and starting fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

You'll need to rebuild your settings, modes, rules and schedule if you do this.