Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SherkSpad
Follower
Follower

WiFi Connectivity

I recently purchased the Pro and want to install it at my cottage which is located in a resort community.  The community is closed in the winter thus I don't have hard internet at the cottege but the resort has resort wide WiFi and I am wondering, can I connect the base to the resort WiFi or does it have the be ethernet only?

If it is possible, how?

1 REPLY 1
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@SherkSpad wrote:

WiFi Connectivity

I recently purchased the Pro and want to install it at my cottage which is located in a resort community.  The community is closed in the winter thus I don't have hard internet at the cottege but the resort has resort wide WiFi and I am wondering, can I connect the base to the resort WiFi or does it have the be ethernet only?

If it is possible, how?

The Pro base has to connect to physically to your network via a network cable.  The only workaround I can think of for your situation would be if you could set up a WiFi extender that connected to your resort WiFi and which has an RJ45 connector on it.  If your network connection being offline is your personal choice rather than a resort decision, you might be able to get a low cost "off-season" network connection that woud work better.