Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amtyre17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently the mode setting started to automatically change back to armed. I can change the mode to any other mode, but then within a few minutes it will change back to armed by itself. I have pulled power from the base station for 5 minutes or so, but no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Haven't seen it. Maybe try disarm then go to your custom mode rather than going directly to your custom mode

TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have the same thing going on myself.  I had seen it in the past (also when I had updated cameras in Arlo connect) and don't know what I did to remedy the solution.  Lately I upgraded a couple of cameras from Pros to Pro 2s.  After I updated the Arlo(Connect) integration to reflect the new cameras the Arlo mode went back into the state where it keeps switching my mode from Scheduled to Armed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Amtyre17,

What device are you using when this occurs? Have you tried to change modes on the web portal?

TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I have 3 base stations (lots of cameras) 2 at 1 location and another at a second location.  The mode is only being changed on one of the base stations at the location where I have 2.  All of the base stations are VMB4000r3 running 1.10.0.8_22190.  I have 18 Pro 2s and 4 Pros altogether.  To the best of my knowldege they are all current firmware but I can confirm that if it would be helpful.  The base station that switches modes on me has 6 Pro 2s and 3 Pros.  One interesting point is that the 2 cameras I recently upgraded from Pros to Pro 2s were on the other base station (where the mode does not change) at the same location.  Please ask if you need anymore details, I'd be happy to oblige.

Tim

TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to mention.  That I usually use the web portal, using Chrome on a pc running Windows 10, to switch the mode back to scheduled when it has changed on it's own to Armed.

TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I missed one important point.  I am using Arlo integration with SmartThings.  I think in the past I removed the "SmartThings" mode that SmartThings added and that's how I resolved my problem.  I think anytime I did an update in SmartThings to reflect new cameras in Arlo it would automatically add that mode.  This last time it did not add that mode.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

TimHemmelman,

Have you tried to use the Arlo Mobile App to put the base station in the desired mode. We can test this way to see if the mode stays the same. Also, can verify to see if all cameras on the base station that is changing modes are updated? 

Amtyre17
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was finally able to get around the issue by creating a new custom mode that mirrored the Armed mode. I now bounce between it and the original disarmed mode without any issues. I did all of this in the mobile app.
TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm pretty sure this is related to SmartThings integration.  I used their API to force delete all of the camera devices (their app won't let you remove the Arlo (connect) integration unless you remove all of the automation and even then sometimes it fails).  Then I re-added the cameras.  That made the SmartThings mode in Arlo.  Then in the Arlo app I changed the mode from SmartThings to Schedule and deleted the SmartThings mode.  Now everything is running smoothly.