Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
BobRB
Tutor
Tutor

First off, my Base Station is a: VMB4000 which isn't a choice in the Model (Recommended) above.  

I'm having a problem in the Arlo App. On the main home screen where it displays each of my camera's images the small text field at the lower left corner of each image shows the # of minutes, or hours, or days the particular image was made. Recently mine is not updating when I click on the "LIVE" button in the center of the image. Once I click to stop showing the Live image when it does stop and the "LIVE" button displays again it's supposed to change the time showing in the lower left corner. Either "Just Now" or however long it's been. Apparently this stopped functioning 12 days ago. It worked fine before.

My App is not changing, mine shows "12d ago", which I assume is the last time it updated. No matter what I do it doesn't change on any of my four cameras. Everything else seems to work okay.      Any thoughts or ideas? 

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you try power cycling your base station?

BobRB
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I did. I did it from the app., that didn’t help and then I powered the base station off and back on manually. That made no difference either. I can log onto Arlo’s website on my laptop and all is well from there. It happened right after I upgraded to the latest App. So I’m pretty sure it related to the App itself.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BobRB,

Which app are you using, Android or iOS?

JamesC

BobRB
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry, bout that. I’m using iOS.
tghosh
Tutor
Tutor

I experience this same exact issue with one of the recent iOS app updates

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS Arlo mobile app is now available. Please download the latest version and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

BobRB
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the info on the new App.  I did upgrade to the newest app just today, but it makes no difference. My app still doesn't show any of the time data in the first screen where I have Devices Icon selected. I have 4 cameras and none of them show anything where they used to.  I don't know if this helps, but I also have a camera I monitor at my daughters house. I'm logged in with full privledges on her Base Station. She only has one camera. This camera shows up on my App as a 5th camera on my first Devices screen and it does show the time data correctly.  Obviously the only difference is separate Base Stations.

Could my Base Station be causing this problem?  Are there software updates for the Base Stations? 

Thanks, Bob Bowers

tghosh
Tutor
Tutor
I also applied today's update v2.5.0
And see no improvement to the date/time issue on the preview