Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro App for iPhone 10

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 phones that are communicating well with my Arlo Pro system. I have 2 Galaxy Notes 4, 1 iPhone 6 and 1 Galaxy S5. I have my system in Geofencing mode and have it Armed when no one is home and Scheduled when any of the phones is in the zone. So everything is working just fine. I replaced the Galaxy S5 with an iPhone 10, before I setup the iPhone 10, I made sure to remove access to the Galaxy S5 and then granted access to the iPhone 10. I downloaded the Arlo app from the Apple apps store and installed it and it shows in the Arlo settings that the invite was accepted. I gaved the iPhone 10 access to all 3 cameras and the Arlo box and I checked the Allow access rights, so basically all the rights I can give it. The iPhone 10 is able to acces everything in the Arlo app.

I am the admin and I use one of the Galaxy Notes, the problem I am having is that when I go to see the enabled devices I can't get the iPhone 10 to show up, therefore it won't detect it whether it is in the zone or not. I tried enabling and disabling the 3 devices to see if Arlo will correct itself and show the iPhone 10 but to no avail. I tried unplugging the Arlo box to see if it will reset but that's not working either. Is the Arlo app not compatible to iPhone 10 OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matchpoint,

A new iOS mobile app is available in the app store. Please update to the latest version and let me know if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anybody have any idea with my iPhone 10 problem below?

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

HI Moderator, do you have anything to say about my problem?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matchpoint,

It sounds like this could be due to special characters in the iPhone's name. By default the iPhone will be named something like "JamesC's iPhone". Some users have reported having issues with the special characters. Try renaming the iPhone to something like this: JamesCiPhone

Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your reply but the new iPhone 10 does not have any special characters in the name the irony of it is the other iPhone i have has a quote on the name but it's working just fine. I know I actually saw the posting before about the quote in the iPhone name and I will say that it is not true because it works on my other Iphone that has a quote in it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matchpoint,

A new iOS mobile app is available in the app store. Please update to the latest version and let me know if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks JamesC, that fixed the problem.