Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Activity Zone is NOT available anymore

I had configured activity zone on my arlo cameras before. I deleted them for several months and now that funcion is not available anymore! Is the firmware update causing this? In brief, now I want to create zone and no options available. I did follow article 1001908 and no luck! 

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 16
Arlo Moderator

Re: Arlo Pro Activity Zone is NOT available anymore

Hi @darkeyes

Is this occurring on the web browser or the Arlo Mobile App? I am not able to replicate this issue through the App. I am able to create an activity zone.

Message 2 of 16
Aspirant

It happens on both web browser and mobile app. My Arlo app on web browser has version 2.7.2 release date is 03/22/2019. Hope these help to troubleshoot, thanks, ShayneS

Message 3 of 16
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator

@darkeyes

2.7.2 is a fairly old version of the Arlo mobile App. Can you update this to the recent version and check for the activity zones feature. Do you have a screenshot of the missing opton?

Message 4 of 16
Aspirant

I don't see option to upgrade firmware. See attachment, please.Arlo Firware.JPG

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 5 of 16
Arlo Moderator

That is your base station firmware, I was referring to the app version on your mobile device. The latest versions are Android - 2.7.9 & IOS @.IOS 2.7.7. I have provided a link here to the Firmware Release Notes

Message 6 of 16
Aspirant

Acutally the Arlo app on my android phone is up-to-date, it is version 2.7.6_25569, released date 03/29/2019. No, there's still no option to set Zone! what can be missing or missed configure? thanks.

Message 7 of 16
Aspirant

Just update again with version 2.7.9_25600 released date 04/23/2019 on my mobile phone and no option to set zone! missing configuration somewhere?

Message 8 of 16
Arlo Moderator

@darkeyes

Can you provide a screenshot of the missing Zone option.

Message 9 of 16
Aspirant

Here you go! It used to have Active Zone option for me  to draw a rectangle on my front door to set active zone. The screenshot does not include the bottom of the screen where there are options to Roate Image 180, Night Vision and Power Management. Thanks for helping me!

Missing Active Zone Setting.JPG

Message 10 of 16
Arlo Moderator

You do not happen to be a granted access user? you are on the admin account correct?

Message 11 of 16
Aspirant

I am logging on with the only account I created when first setup my Arlo. I have only one account, thanksAccess.JPG

Message 12 of 16
Apprentice

I turned off my zones... I had it configiured a few times for all my cameras and it stop getting alerts or recording motion every time after I enabled it for a few days. Feature is useless if you ask me. 

Message 13 of 16
Arlo Moderator

@adocorp

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Message 14 of 16
Apprentice

I have contacted Arlo support. They told me to remove the zones which did not help. Next steps was to remove camera and add it again which did resolve it for a short period of time then it comes back. It feels for any resolution for an issue, you have to remove the camera and re-add it.  Why is that?

Message 15 of 16
Arlo Moderator

@adocorp

I suggest contacting support and updating your case if you have one, with the results are experiencing after re-adding.

Message 16 of 16