Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Camera System - Cameras will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GuyDunnUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just taken delivery today of a brand new 4 camera Arlo Pro system.  I followed the setup instructions, get green lights on the base station to indicate the it has a connection and that it is connected to the internet yet not one camera will sync with the base station.  I use a netgear Orbi wireless router and satellite.

What is causing this issue?  The base station is connected, it updated the firmware to the base station yet it won't connect to a single camera.

Thanks.

Guy

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual issue is pressing the base sync button too long.  Just briefly press it - don't hold it. When the camera LED on the base is flashing green, press the sync button on the camera.  Did that help?  If not, reinsert the batteries in the cameras, watching the LED on the front face to ensure you get a brief blude flash indicating that the battery has been inserted and has a charge.  You can also try plugging the camera in while syncing to see if that helps.

GuyDunnUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried all of this with the live chat guys, nothing works, so much for easy installation.  I am currently trying to move the base station to a different location to see if any interference is causing the issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try resetting the base, holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Tell us everything you've tried and observed.  We may be missing details here.