Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
SkyKing007
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone,

I just purchased this Arlo Pro - 4 camera set with the base station.  I installed it and everything is working fine except the microphone volume from my phone to the cameras are VERY VERY low.  I am using a Samsung S10 Plus, running the latest Android Pie 9.0 firmware.  The arlo base and cameras are also running the latest firmwares, and the arlo application is the latest as well.  I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, then reboot the phone and reboot the fiber networking I have (google fiber 100mbps), and also rebooting the base and cameras but nothing works.  I tried a different galaxy s10 plus phone running the same set up as mine to eliminate the phone problem but it is not the phone, the audio is still VERY LOW.  If I log into my laptop, it works fine but there's horrible echo, which I'm guessing is from the interference of the laptop since they are about 10 ft from each other?!?  I also did a google search, and it looks like there were several experiencing this issue.

I repeat, all 4 of my cameras have issues when using the Arlo app.  Is this a known issue that Arlo is looking into?

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @SkyKing007,

Make sure the speaker on your cameras are on full volume. You can check this by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Pro cameras > Audio Settings on the Arlo app on your phone or the web client on your computer.

Also, try to have one of your cameras close to the Base Station to test the audio and see if the audio is louder.

SkyKing007
Initiate
Initiate
I did everything you can think of. I just got off the phone with tech support and they said it is because the phone does not have a way to increase microphone volume that is why the speakers output on the camera is too low. Upon researching this issue, it looks like a bluetooth headset is a work around for this. This is also very inconvenient as I tried 2 different galaxy s10 plus device as well as my iPad Pro 11". The iPad volume is better but still very very low.
Smarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wonder how Skype, hangouts, Facebook Messenger can make our voice hearable in the receivers loudspeaker and not the arlo app?
Im planning to return my arlo pro for a refound because of this. Arlo seems to be looking away from this.
Swg007
Tutor
Tutor
I have same issue with volume.
I spoke to tech support and they told me they would help me if I gave them $100.00 to register the cameras then they could get the speakers working properly. RIDICULOUS!.
I just bought them and they should be working fresh out if the box!
I know the speakers are capable of a louder sound be cause when I set them up I had tv on in background and when I used the press to talk feature the feedback came across loudly over camera speaker however, if you are in another room and use press to talk, the volume is so low over cam speaker that's its pretty much inaudible.
This one flaw us going to cost them a lot of sales and it's a software or type of integration error.
I am returning and going with another product because support was absolutely no help and they tried getting another $100 out of me to boot after already paying over $300 for the brand new system.
VERY DISAPPOINTING!
Smarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wtf?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Swg007 wrote:

I spoke to tech support and they told me they would help me if I gave them $100.00 to register the cameras then they could get the speakers working properly.

Are you certain that you were talking to arlo support?  This sounds like you reached a scam support site, and not the arlo team.  The support center link is https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Swg007
Tutor
Tutor
Yes it was Arlo Support. Amazon representative conferenced me in and stayed on the line through the whole comversation.
Amazon rep was shocked by their reply as well
Swg007
Tutor
Tutor

I have issue with VERY low speaker volume.
I using a Galaxy S9+
Software is up to date, app has permissions on phone to use microphone, firmware up to date on Arlo equipment, volume turned up 100% in Arlo app on camera device settings....
I spoke to tech support and they told me they would help me if I gave them $100.00 to register the cameras then they could get the speakers working properly. RIDICULOUS!.
I know the speakers are capable of a louder sound be cause when I set them up I had tv on in background and when I used the press to talk feature the feedback came across loudly over camera speaker however, if you are in another room and use press to talk, the volume is so low over cam speaker that's its pretty much inaudible.
This one flaw us going to cost them a lot of sales and it's a software or type of integration error.
I am returning and going with another product because support was absolutely no help and they tried getting another $100 out of me to boot after already paying over $300 for the brand new system.
VERY DISAPPOINTING!

jbandes
Guide
Guide
Arlo pro 2 push to talk volume is so low when I use my samsung note 10+ that you can't hear it. If I connect from my computer using chrome the audio is loud and good. There is something wrong with the mobile app and push to talk volume coming out of the Camera it's so low you can't hear it