Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Initiate

Arlo Pro 4-Camera Push to talk 2-Way audio very low (from phone to camera)

Hello everyone,

I just purchased this Arlo Pro - 4 camera set with the base station.  I installed it and everything is working fine except the microphone volume from my phone to the cameras are VERY VERY low.  I am using a Samsung S10 Plus, running the latest Android Pie 9.0 firmware.  The arlo base and cameras are also running the latest firmwares, and the arlo application is the latest as well.  I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, then reboot the phone and reboot the fiber networking I have (google fiber 100mbps), and also rebooting the base and cameras but nothing works.  I tried a different galaxy s10 plus phone running the same set up as mine to eliminate the phone problem but it is not the phone, the audio is still VERY LOW.  If I log into my laptop, it works fine but there's horrible echo, which I'm guessing is from the interference of the laptop since they are about 10 ft from each other?!?  I also did a google search, and it looks like there were several experiencing this issue.

I repeat, all 4 of my cameras have issues when using the Arlo app.  Is this a known issue that Arlo is looking into?

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Re: Arlo Pro 4-Camera Push to talk 2-Way audio very low (from phone to camera)

Hi @SkyKing007,

Make sure the speaker on your cameras are on full volume. You can check this by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Pro cameras > Audio Settings on the Arlo app on your phone or the web client on your computer.

Also, try to have one of your cameras close to the Base Station to test the audio and see if the audio is louder.

Message 2 of 4
Initiate

I did everything you can think of. I just got off the phone with tech support and they said it is because the phone does not have a way to increase microphone volume that is why the speakers output on the camera is too low. Upon researching this issue, it looks like a bluetooth headset is a work around for this. This is also very inconvenient as I tried 2 different galaxy s10 plus device as well as my iPad Pro 11". The iPad volume is better but still very very low.
Message 3 of 4
Aspirant

Wonder how Skype, hangouts, Facebook Messenger can make our voice hearable in the receivers loudspeaker and not the arlo app?
Im planning to return my arlo pro for a refound because of this. Arlo seems to be looking away from this.
Message 4 of 4