Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3-pak keeps dropping "offline."

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
emoze-2
Tutor
Tutor

OK - i've read about a gazillion community complaints regarding this problem but there are not any answers  - just a lot of "reboot & retry" advice

my AVM4000C with vmb4000 base with 3-pak purchased in Dec-2017 worked just fine for 6 months - batteries are all fully charged; now the cameras will keep dropping offline just minutes after being re-sync'd and tested as working; - they will drop off even when sitting only 1 foot from the base after a re-sync

i read that there may be a firmware update causing this, and that "maybe" it's fixed?

How do i know what is my firmware & how do i update it if needed?

or is this $500 worth of junk?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what you've tried so we're guessing here.

You can check firmware versions by looking in Settings, My Devices, your devices, Device Info. You can compare what you have using the posts in the Release Notes section here. Any updates should automatically noted both on the Devices tab as well as when checking your versions.

I would remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

emoze-2
Tutor
Tutor

OK - thanks - only thing i did not try was removing devices & start fresh - had already tried all of the ideas from several similar threads including battery removals & swaps, multiple sync attempts, etc

after i my O.P., i googled the firmware issue & found that answer - they must be up-to-date (?) since there is no option to manually update in device info -  (July 5, 2018)

base=Firmware 1.10.0.7_21310; cameras Firmware 1.092.0.13_19715

as stated - i could re-sync & turn on the cameras & then they would un-link (drop off) within minutes, no matter what distance from base

UPDATE - this is bizarre - overnight 2 of the cameras "woke up" re-linked again & now show being linked; i re-sync'd the 3rd one 10 minutes ago;  I'll update this thread if they drop off again

p.s.- i also have a Q-plus - it works fine, on same netgear wifi router as the Pro's

fwiw - i am on a "slow" ATT DSL - an artifact of living in the rural mountains

emoze-2
Tutor
Tutor
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow networks (maybe with inconsistent speeds?) can cause all sorts of problems for Arlo. What are your upload and download speeds as measured by speedtest.net? Are they consistent over time?