Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3-camera was working, tried to add Arlo pro2 and now nothing works.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Amanishi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo Pro two camera. Ive has it for over a year. A few months after buying it, I bought an additional camera. All three cameras were connected and working well.

Within the last month or so, I did notice some lags when I logged into the app to view the camera. I thought nothing of it.
A week ago I bought two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I tried to sync them to the system. On the app or computer, it could not even see my base.

I called support. Support said they could see my base on their end. We went through the whole trouble shooting and the agent said that BOTH Arlo pro 2 cameras were defective.
So I contacted Amazon who graciously sent me out two new replacement cameras immediately. Got those two out and same thing. Called support. Was on the phone for well over an hour. Doing this and that. Removing all cameras from the base and then resetting the base. After that I could not add any cameras back.
Trying to offline sync the cameras. Everything. The girl then said okay the base is defective. Here is the rma. Complete it and we will get a base out to you.

Website was having problems. I could not complete or pay for the exchange until the following day. I received no confirmation of the rma being processed or anything. I was charged the fee though. Spent two more days inquiring where the rma was In the process.
The first day I was told, check spam and trash. Already did. Then I was told just wait for it. I’m like how can I wait for something that was not confirmed? Ended chat. Next day chatted again. Only to be told the same thing. This time I was persistent. The agent actually called me and said that something happened and the rma was not processed. This time she took care of me however, I would not get the base until 4 days later on an overnight service. Which I am still waiting for.
So ... I went to Best Buy and bought an Arlo pro one camera system since I figured it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have an extra base and because I hate the fact of not having cameras up.
Get the base out and guess what?! It doesn’t work. Same issues as the other base. Called tech for another hour on the phone. Did everything under the sun and then also used the “new” camera nada!
After everything was done, I was told that this base was defective and to bring it back to Best Buy. That is where I am going to today. Can’t somebody just tell me how to get these things to work?! They used to work and now they don’t.
Is there a setting on my modem, router that is preventing the sync. It won’t even offline sync. Or is there a lot of defective products being produced by Arlo?
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amanishi,

If you factory reset your existing base station, you would first need to reclaim it again before syncing cameras. For the new base station, you would also need to go through the claiming process prior to be able to sync cameras. Did you first add the base stations to your account using the "Add Device" button and selecting base station prior to attempting to sync cameras?

JamesC

Amanishi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have. I’ve been on the phone with tech support every night for atleast an hour and a half for the past week. I’ve decided to return the two pro 2 cameras, the other pro one camera system with new base and the add on pro camera.

I’ve hired a professional company to come out and make it work if possible. So all I have left is the original system I had. A two camera pro system with an add on camera that were working up until the point I stupidly wanted to add on more cameras.

This way if things don’t work out, I’m gonna just junk the three cameras I have, cut my losses and go with another company that is more reliable.