Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ironhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems from the responses on this issue are the opposite from what im experiencing as I can hear fine whats going on in FRONT of the cameras I just cannot transmit TO the cameras..After a tedious and lengthy barely understandable conversation with a rep from Arlo who stated it was MY problem and not theirs and to have a technician fix it I would be charged...NOT!..I brought this to their attention over a year ago and at that time was told it was a glitch in the IOS connection from them and they had their techs working on it.

Now they want to charge me for what I was told then it was something they were working on..Nope!

This company is one of the worse ive ever dealt with and definitely NOT customer sensitive as indicated by the inability to easily contact them by not providing a direct email and a phone hold time at sometimes an hour or more..

I did expect more from a company thats in the top price range for their products which i've found are not worth the money..

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Ironhorse,

What iPhone are you using? And are you on the latest iOS version and latest Arlo app version?

And make sure you contact our support team to the correct link, which is Arlo Support. Make sure to avoid any potential spammers.

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep putting this problem out there and get nothing in return except the same old questions.. Icannot transmit TO the cameras but can hear what’s going on IN FRONT of the cameras. My 3rd-4th time asking this question for almost 2 years and still nothing but questions,no answers.Was tills initially it was a Netgear glitch and it was being worked in. The LAST time now it’s MY problem with my phone and it’s going to cost me to fix it.Dont think so!..

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
As I said before and again I’m using an Apple iPhone model 6S..
JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m up to date on all my upgrades on my iPhone yet it still isnt working and to now shift the reason on me after acknowledging it was initially YOUR. fault is inexcusable!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @JeffWB,

Are you experiencing this problem only on your iPhone 6S? Are you having problems on the web as well? And are you seeing any error when trying to use the push-to-talk functionality?

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I’m not having this problem with my iPAD which by the way isn’t allowing access to the cameras anymore stating add new devices which no matter what is tried doesn’t work. This came out of the blue within an hour of complete access from the android iPad..
I have updated everything, re-synchronized everything and still nothing. My main complaint is why at first I was told it was something your working on and affects all iPhones however in my last contact I’m now told it’s MY problem and it’ll cost ME to fix it. What!?This first contact on this problem was over a year ago and still an issue..
JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh yeah. NO error message displayed on push to talk..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you using grant access for your account or are you the main account holder when it comes to logging in onto your iPad? And to make sure, are you mentioning that you have an iPad or Android tablet?

I would suggest to try logging out, uninstall the app, restart your iPhone (wait 10 seconds to turn it back on), reinstall the app and re-login to make sure that works. If that does not work, try toggling the microphone permission off and on by going to your iPhone Settings > Arlo > Microphone.

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have in the last year done everything you suggested more than once both on my own and struggling to follow your techs over the phone.With my IPHONE I am up to date on everything and still nothing..Seems to work better tho far from acceptable on my Android IPAD.At least with that the volume is low but legible..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

JeffWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just going around In circles with you it seems. I’ve answered all your questions and done everything suggested-more than once-Getting nowhere..This is a futile effort and from the initial onset of this problem when I first told you of this issue and was told it’s an issue with ALL iPhones and it’s being addressed to now the problem has shifted to it somehow being MY fault.
Ironhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

The saga with your cameras goes on.Now I cannot access my cameras with my Android powered ipad and the outgoing volume on both camers remain so low its unintelligable on my iPHONE..Never ends..Frustrating to the extreme that its practically impossible to get  anyone on the phone and virtually impossible to get any assistance on your website..

My main concern now is why all of a sudden i cant gain access to the cameras on my ipad.Its up to date with everything so not understading why this is happening..