Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 way communication not working on iOS

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
styledata
Star
Star

Longtime Netgear Securty user, starting with Vuezone (the most reliable, it seemed), then basic Arlo. Upgraded to Arlo Pro to get 2-way communication. It works from the desktop, but not from an iphone or ipad. When you press the mic button to talk, it can be heard at the camera, as it should be. With a delay, of course.

But once you do press that mic button, the speaker volume coming FROM the camera, back to you on your iphone is throttled to a very faint level that cannot be heard. So while you could clearly hear sound in the area of the camera before pushing the mic button, once you pushed it and released to hear again, it is so faint you can't hear much of anything.

Yes: Camera acces to app is enabled

Yes: Audio levels are set to 100% on each device

Yes: App and firmware on all devices and base station is up to date

I have tried everything (uninstalling, reinstalling, and two support sessions). They do not know what the problem is. My support ticket is open and I will give them a week or so, otherwise this gets returned! Any comments from others with this or a similar issue welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app that resolves this issue is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Hint64
Tutor
Tutor
I am also having the same problem. I have an iPhone 6 Plus
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

There are a couple of threads on the first page discussing this issue. Netgear should be able to resolve it with a firmware update. James C may have an ETA on the fix.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No ETA at this time. I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app that resolves this issue is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

socal302
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 way talk icon is missing(iPhone7 with latest update 10.3.2) ? Whats going on ?

Talas29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here!
tommypenngotti
Tutor
Tutor

iPhone 6+ / OS 10.3.2 , no push to talk mic on app...Has Netgear missed a major IOS with a glaring bug....ugh...going back unless a fix surfaces quick , thanks 

styledata
Star
Star

Same here. Push to talk mic button gone. Netgear just can't seem to keep it together. Don't they test their software when they "update"?

How do you roll back to the previous app version?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

tommypenngotti
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James , hopefully within a few days , I only have 15 days to take this back and that's a deal breaker.... 🙂 

Dyoung805
Initiate
Initiate
The microphone was available yesterday, so I'm assuming that the firmware was updated last night with this glitch?
dadlyb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated my iphone 6pluson 6-13 and my microphone icon has dissappeared. Where did it go and how can I get it back?

tommypenngotti
Tutor
Tutor

They obviously mistakenly deleted it in new software , my entire system is in my car going back to best buy , ridiculous to spend this kind of $ and it not work as advertisied . 

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

tommypenngotti wrote:

They obviously mistakenly deleted it in new software , my entire system is in my car going back to best buy , ridiculous to spend this kind of $ and it not work as advertisied . 

It does work as advertised when the app developer(s) do their job. Returning the system over this issue is a little premature IMO.

JamesC, What kind of internal testing is done before pushing out the app updates? Netgear needs to get their act together. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. The mic button is missing so I can no longer access two way audio. Another note, the photo capture does not work either. Clicked on it to take a photo during live view and checked my photos and couldn't find the captures anywhere. Using iPhone 6s with iOS 10.3.2.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
The two way microphone communication icon seems to be fixed. However, taking still camera photos does not work still.
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry disregard my comment on the photo capture not working. It works and is in my library.
Hint64
Tutor
Tutor
Hey James I still don't have the mic I have logged in and out and also rebooted. Anything else I can do
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Try uninstalling App and re-install
Hint64
Tutor
Tutor
That worked. Thanks
Calisa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I thought that the auto log out that happens with inactivity was a sufficient "log out" but it wasn't until I actually went to settings and hit the log out button that I got my 2 way mic button back! Woooo hoooo