Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions before I buy

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AnonymousDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I'm looking to buy the Arlo Pro system for my home. I understand there is a limit to how many I can have. What is that limit and if I'm able to add on more, how do I do that (do I need a new base station)?
Lastly, I would like to have a live feed playing in my kitchen or bedroom. Is it possible to have that if I buy and iPad or tablet and leave it on and plugged in? Or can I only view one camera at a time? Or will it stop the live view after inactivity? (If there is an Arlo test account I can log into, that would be so awesome - it would give me a real feel of it).. thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The limits are based on how many cameras. 5 are free, 10 with Premier and 15 with Elite. One base will handle up to 15 cameras but only 5 at a time can stream. Additional bases allow better location for the connection to its cameras since they can be located in different sections of the house.

All cameras can be seen in one login. Live viewing can be an issue with long term viewing due to battery life so a Q or Baby camera may be the best solution to that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The limits are based on how many cameras. 5 are free, 10 with Premier and 15 with Elite. One base will handle up to 15 cameras but only 5 at a time can stream. Additional bases allow better location for the connection to its cameras since they can be located in different sections of the house.

All cameras can be seen in one login. Live viewing can be an issue with long term viewing due to battery life so a Q or Baby camera may be the best solution to that.
AnonymousDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much for responding! What does it mean that only 5 at a time can stream? When you say that long term live viewing would be an issue for battery life - you mean battery life of the camera or the iPad? The camera uses more power when it's sending a live feed even if it's not recording?

I wish Netgear had a test account so I can play around and see how this all works..
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, Even if you have 10 cameras a base unit can only stream 5 at the same time.

As to batteries, He means the cameras

Most power is used during recording or live viewing ( these are motion-detect-then-record type of system )

Spec usage is 5 mins a day for stated battery life.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AnonymousDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks guys!