Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera keeps flashing blue/amber light (needing to be charged when already charged)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ErickH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a package that came with three cameras and a base station. After a few months, one of the three cameras stopped working. I assumed the battery was dead and replaced it with a spare - nothing. I charged the battery over night - nothing. I tossed it in a box and forgot about it for a few months but now I'm back at it.  When plugging in the battery direct to the USB charger, the LED blinks amber and blue. For the first few moments, I can see the red night vision lights illuminated but eventually they turn off and all that remains is the blinking amber/blue LED. This should indicate a firmware update is in progress, but it's not connected to the base station or the internet.  If I unplug the USB charger, the camera goes "dead."  It won't sync, no lights flash, etc.  Unrecognizable to the base station.  Not sure what's going on here or how to get my camera back!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

SinisterDol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this issue ever resolved for you? 

Just got the Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free System.   One of the cameras is experiencing this exact issue. 

It seemed like the battery was dead, but replacing it with others did nothing.   When the camera receives power, whether from a battery or being plugged in.   The red night vision lights illuminate a moment, then turns off and the LED blinks amber and blue.  This should indicate a firmware update is in progress, but it's not connected to the base station or the internet. 

ErickH
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, it wasn’t. A few rounds of tech support but I don’t believe the fault was ever identified. Arlo sent me a new camera as a replacement (which was a bit of a headache, honestly, as my case was accidentally closed and I had to start the process over). New camera works just fine!