Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Is Not Recording Motion When Camera Is Live

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MSKLIB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased my arlo pro 2 system and noticed that if I'm watching the camera live and there is motion detected that a notification is sent but the video is NOT recorded. (and no email)

If I'm not watching the camera live then everything works fine.  The problem is that if someone is at the door and you want to talk with them via the camera (live) then the video will not be recorded.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to not timeout (my monitoring page will timeout after about 30-60 minutes and I have to log in again).

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are watching LIVE, you are over riding the "motion detect ".... there will be no recording unless you manually start it.

Which you can always do.

Time out is designed in in case of someone faiing to turn off the camera ...so batteries will not fully drain.( can not alter this ).... the only camera that stays on is the Baby and Q ( unless the new fw changed things, but don't think so  )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MSKLIB
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the response.

I believe that this is a major flaw if the motion will not be recorded.  In case of a burglury - you want to scare the person away but you also want it recorded.  now you have to remember to hit the record button before you use the microphone.