Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Charging Fault

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DayOh257
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up my Arlo Pro 2 cameras, with the intent of having both plugged in to a wall outlet. The camera that uses the supplied cable works fine. The second camera, I purchased a generic mini-usb power cable and charging block, but that camera keeps saying that there is a "charging fault". I switched that cable to the one I use for my cell phone and I get the same error message.

Does the Arlo require the factory cable to work in the plugged-in mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It requires a Qualcomm fast charger that outputs 9V for the cameras but 5V for other USB devices

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It requires a Qualcomm fast charger that outputs 9V for the cameras but 5V for other USB devices

DayOh257
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found online that you have to purchase a replacement battery to get that charger and cable. Do you know if the charger and cable are available for purchase by itself?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While Netgear doesn't recommend it, you can use a quality charger that supports Qualcomm QuickCharge, such as ones for newer Samsung phones. They need to supply both 5v and 9v outputs to charge the battery. The cable doesn't matter as long as it's not a ceap one with thin wires. I use cables that are rated for quick charging.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Crazily, no you can't buy just the charging adapter and cable from Netgear. Occasionally, people buy a 4 camera kit and want to power all 4 cameras but only have one charging adapter. They don't want 3 spare batteries because they don't need them! But it seems the only 'official' way to get chargers