Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jsunder
Guide
Guide

I have my Arlo Pro 2 camera plugged into ac to use the activity zone function.  I have created an activity zone for which I want to record any activity detected, however, the camera is being triggered to record activity outside of the zone. I have dialed down the motioned detection sensitivity , but now it does not record activity in the upper parts of the zone away from the camera and still records activity clearly outside of the zone.

What do I need to do to correct this. I want to record activity in my driveway and garage, but not cars going down the alley out of my activity zone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I've had good success syncing the cameras without removing them. The base will keep trying for ~2 minutes so get it started and run to the camera to hit that sync button. Or have someone help you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the battery icon show that it's charging (lightning bolt)? Check your firmware versions against what's listed in the Release Notes here. It may be fastest to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Be sure to re-add the camera to any custom modes.

Jsunder
Guide
Guide

Yes, the icon is showing the battery with the lightning bolt. I updated the firmware with the latest version before installing the camera. I guess the next step is to remove the camera and resync, however, this will be a pain since it is mounted on the peak of the garage.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I've had good success syncing the cameras without removing them. The base will keep trying for ~2 minutes so get it started and run to the camera to hit that sync button. Or have someone help you.