Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear expects customer to pay to ship defective unit they sent me back for working unit?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jettbritnell
Follower
Follower

I purchased 3 Arlo Pro Cameras last July. In December one camera died completely. After days of troubleshooting over phone and via email with Netgear, they determined unit was defective and issued an RMA. I had to pay about $18.00 to return defective product to Netgera. Now get this... the replacement unit they shipped me was defective out of the box. Again, after a week of troubleshooting it's been determined that the unit is not working. (I set successfully set up 3 of these in the begining so I know if it is working , or not?)  They are willing to replace this second defective unit, but I must pay shipping again out of my own pocket.  In other words, Netgear wants me to shell out more cash to return ship a defective unit they sent to me? I will be writing Netgear's executive and will send a formal complaint to Amazon. I also have 30,000 plus social media followers which I'm sure a few will feel as disgusted as I do right now. I trust others have experienced the same?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jettbritnell,

I have reviewed your case notes and the agent you are working with has sent an updated response. Please refer to your open support case for more information.

JamesC

Lpwilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just received my replacement arlo and is defective. I came on here to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I'll be contacting them and hopefully get this resolved. It's very frustrating to be sent a defective device