Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nothing has been hacked. The engineering team is currently investigating the schedule issue discussed here and the battery drain issues that have also been mentioned. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the email/message i received from Netgear a couple months back suggesting to change the password (which i wasnt able to) ligit or not?  And why?

I dont see a lot of people mention this schedule-relate problem but every few days if you check it, one or more blocks of the modes in your schedule will be blank as if someone removed them.  For a while it happened daily but less frequent now.  Hope that helps with whatever they are doing for more than 2 months now.  2 mos is along time to troubleshoot a software unless it's on low priority.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply and info. Lets hope they can fix whatever issues were caused with the update.

But do you know why they couldn't just revert back to the previous working firmware from before they broke things?

That is the logical (and decent) thing to do rather than making everyone suffer with poor devices.

What was so important in that update that made it compulsory for them not to simply roll back?

With regards to the schedule, I thought the schedule was fixed and it does visually appear to be. Meaning after resetting everything, deleting schedules, rules, cameras, resyncing etc. And then rebuilding everything it seems I can create the rules required and in the schedule they appear to be there.

BUT I think there is some issue with some time after midnight as the schedule indicates the system is armed with a rule but in fact the cameras are not actually armed or picking any movement up nor record anything.

For example if I have a mode/rule called "Armed 1" and I schedule this rule to be armed from 8pm to 6am each night.

I add the rule in the schedule to be from 8pm to 12 midnight then again from 12 midnight to 6am.

If I walk past the cameras between 8pm to 12 midnight they record and it triggers as it should but if I do that after midnight they do not record, even though the schedule states it is armed.

I have not thoroughly tested this nor tried to work out at what time they actually do pic up and start to record correctly but it seems there is an issue with the time the system is actually armed vs when the schedule says they are armed, but appears only to be from midnight into the first few hours of the morning?. I have seen this mentioned by other users somewhere and in fact as the developers were trying to fix the schedule issue months ago it all starred working and the schedule seemed to work again but was 5 hours out. I thought back then that it was something to do with the time zone and the cameras used the correct time zone yet the schedule didn't. Not sure but I posted some info on this months ago and when you logged into the web browser version and set a schedule it was 5 hours different when you looked at it in Android schedule so maybe that issue hasn't actually been fully resolved..

Anyway my wife came home last night after a party (lucky girl) and the cameras were armed (or should have been according to the schedule), she got into our garden, walked up to our door and into our house without any detection or recordings taking place (She had just got out of a taxi so wasn't cold BTW).

But I think this is something to do with the schedule not actually being armed when it says it is but seemingly only some time after midnight.
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Try what I did and create a Custom Mode with the exact same parameters as your stock Armed Mode and schedule it to run from 12.00AM on. Name it what you want. I named mine "Armed Night". Works just fine for me since the problem first occured for everyone.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ralfyguy1

I don't use the default "armed" mode, I already use my own custom modes.

My default armed mode doesn't arm, even if I manually arm it. If I try to edit the default armed mode there is nothing inside it, no rules to edit, no mention of which cameras its using, no mention of duration, nothing, its just blank.

That is only on the Arlo Pro base station though as my original Arlo base station is fine with the default armed mode and also my Arlo Q is fine.

I was told my DawnM that the developers did allow users to edit the default armed mode, but then they decided against it and revoked permission, so the default armed mode should not be editable and should arm ALL cameras connected to it. But personally I don't get the logic of that.

I have Arlo Pro base station and original Arlo base station and Arlo Q too. Its only the Arlo Pro base station that has that issue.

(See attached screenshot)
Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with them that defaut armed mode should not be allowe to modify.  It works like amaximum mode.  If you just want to detect/record only certain cameras then customize your rules.  Default armed mode is perfect for being away from home for a period of time.

That is beside the liability issue.  If it's armed mode, everything should be armed.

OurHattonHome
Star
Star

JamesC, You are telling us the same thing as you did when it was first reported the 1st part of May and here it is over 2 months later with no fix. Meanwhile, Arlo is about to release something new, a doorbell. Well there is no way I would buy one of those when the equipment I currently have are so buggy. Guess

since Netgear is spinning that division off on its own they really do not care. If not for the $$$ I have put out for the units I already have which were bought when everything was working OK I would have tossed them 2 months ago. But you can be certain I will not be purchasing any more units until the system is working right. Instead of releasing new equipment I would recommend Netgear fix what it's out there now.

Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice
As I have said previously ‘round & round we go’!

The various ‘fixes’ listed in this never ending thread obviously worked for the individual poster but not all of us have been so fortunate, in my case the issues have increased as opposed to been resolved.

Even if the Netgear developers solve these issues I no longer have any faith in this system, as Netgear have the ability to break it again, without my consent at any time.

Twice in the past year Netgear have rendered my system useless whilst I have been travelling (battery drain and scheduling) which is exactly the two times I wanted this $2,000 security system to work😂

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO DEFER THE UPDATES or admit failure and remove this brand damaging disaster from the stores.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Amati5 wrote:

I agree with them that defaut armed mode should not be allowe to modify.  It works like amaximum mode.  If you just want to detect/record only certain cameras then customize your rules.  Default armed mode is perfect for being away from home for a period of time.

Armed mode may not always include all active cameras, check yours just in case. If it does show all your cameras, then you can safely use it. Not all users are affected the same way, so yours might be ok......lucky you!

Should any of your cameras be excluded from it, wouldn’t you wish to be abe to edit the mode? So you can’t do that.......only way around it would be using custom mode(s) for arming/disarming your system.

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Paul_FCCL wrote:

@Amati5 wrote:

Armed mode may not always include all active cameras, check yours just in case. If it does show all your cameras, then you can safely use it. Not all users are affected the same way, so yours might be ok......lucky you!

Should any of your cameras be excluded from it, wouldn’t you wish to be abe to edit the mode? So you can’t do that.......only way around it would be using custom mode(s) for arming/disarming your system.

Yes, default armed mode still show all cameras for me.  Wow, i didnt know it's messed up for some users, too.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Amati5 wrote:

Yes, default armed mode still show all cameras for me.  Wow, i didnt know it's messed up for some users, too.

My guess is that problems could start while adding/removing devices, somehow the system gets confused at times and native armed mode does not update itself  properly, thus the exclusion of some devices. Mine only has two of the four active cameras and strangely enough it’s still showing two inactive cameras.

Other note about the armed mode, all cameras included will always arm at default settings (ie. 80% sensitivity and 10 secs. recordings) which may not be of your preference.

Nickandrews
Initiate
Initiate
I am having a similar issue with the schedule. Cameras arrived a few days ago- set them up and schedule seemed to work for 24 hours

Schedule now has developed issues- it will either arm when it shouldn’t, or it will be disarmed when it should be armed! Very frustrating and renders the system useless
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser for manipulating modes, rules and schedule. That works better for me.

mward1308
Star
Star

What is the firmware version that fixes these issues? 

scottm5443
Tutor
Tutor

@netgear How about giving us free solar chargers for us that can't get anything to work, but running a 24/7 schedule killing our batteries and climbing up ladders 3x4 times more often than we had to on the original firmware? 

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Schedule seems to be stable recently.  No more missing or wrong blocks in wrong time.  I did have to delete and redo the missing/wrong blocks.  But now all cameras have the delay in recording that i had read before getting my system but never experiened it.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine too.

My Arlo cameras are now very slow to detect and pick up motion.

Example now they only detect the postman as he is leaving the garden, this is once he has already come through the gate, walked up to my door, posted the mail , turned round then walled back to the gate again. It is only as he is leaving that my Arlo cameras pick him up.

They used to pick him up as he was entering the gate, before he actually got into the garden.

Basically no use as cctv evidence for the police if it does not show a face.

The whole Arlo system is such a unreliable system since they broke it all in May (SEVERE battery drain issue, poor image quality, very slow detection and sometimes no detection at all etc )

I wish they would get the Arlo Pro cameras and base station back to how it was before May basically when it worked as advertised.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many of the scheduling issues discussing here have been address in recent updates to the arlo mobile app and web client. If you're still experiencing issues using the schedule, please let us know.

Please make sure you have the latest mobile app versions available from the app store.

JamesC

dfwald
Tutor
Tutor
My schedule now works properly and I have no slowdown with capturing motion using my four Arlo Pro cameras. I am still having extreme battery draining though. One camera is enabled 24/7 and the other three only overnight. I used to go six months before having to recharge all of them and since May they have lasted a little over a month each time before dying. Please fix this issue ASAP.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dfwald,

Engineering is investigating these reports on battery drain. We hope to be able to provide an update soon.

JamesC

mward1308
Star
Star
The issue persists. I verified that the app was updated. The mode reverted to disarmed despite being scheduled for another mode.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mward1308,

Try clearing your schedule and go through set up again. Be sure each time frame has the correct desired mode scheduled.

JamesC

chook
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have noticed my Arlo Pro - 3 cameras and all are not recording when it is set on a schedule, I have had the Arlo Pro for about a year and never had any problems, until recently.  i noticed about a month again now there are not recordings on Schedule.  I take the camera's of schedule and the camera's record fine.  Put scheduling back on and the camera do not pick up movement .  I dont' want to have to leave my camera' on record 24/7 while people are home. Not happy if this cannot be fixed.  I have told so many friends about how good Arlo is.

Arkmodeus
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I put my mode into schedule or a custom mode, it stops recording and only pushes a message without video (see attached photo).  If I turn it back to Armed it works fine.  Its been like this for months, I have called in multiple time for updates, and get the run around - no one has ever gotten back to me.email I get in scheduled mode or customemail I get in scheduled mode or custom 

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have u checked the schedule to see if everything is still correct?