Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning

Today, when I left, I noticed I didn't get an alert from my driveway camera.  When I got to the office, I logged in via the web, and noticed that under my "mode" tab all I see active is a little clock.  Normally, I keep my arlo in a "scheduled" mode as I have different cameras I arm/disarm and sensitivities that I adjust during different times of day.  What I should see is the little clock next to the word "weekday" as that schedule should be active.  However, all I see is the clock which is odd.  I went to the devices page and noticed that the "motion man" was not lit on any camera that should be armed.  I forced the mode to armed and the system armed as normal.  When I go back to click "schedule", again, all I see is the clock but no mode it's running and the "motion man" is not active on any camera.   Strangely, when I go to the app, and force schedule mode, it appears to show the clock - weekday and the "motion man" is lit within the app on my phone. This does not match what I see when I logon to the arlo website and my cameras are not recording in the scheduled mode even tho they should be.  I double checked the schedule, all looks fine.  I've made no changes to these settings in over 6 months.  I've already rebooted the base but I'm still seeing the same symptom.  TO me, it appears that the "schedule" mode is not working as it should at this time. Anyone else seeing this?

223 REPLIES 223
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be fastest to just remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Many times this will fix things immediately.

Nevik
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo iphone app 2.5.4 -

Since recent updates sheduled mode not being followed. Modes shown in schedule ok. Cleared and remade all schedules, but ignored and stays on armed. No mode goes over midnight. Scheduling is broken !

Have armed mode turn off at 03:30 ( with siren) , but still triggering after 3:30, when mode should have changed to a monitor mode with outside cameras. Time is accurate on unit and app. Photos taken to confirm time.  

Iphone App v2.5.4 showing a clock symbol, unless goto mode screen and  flip back.

Base unit firmware .f/w1.10.0.4.20963,

When will this be fixed ?

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Latest Problem just started today for no reason.

Arlo Pro Base station now showing as OFFLINE!!!

Nothing changed, was working earlier, tried rebooting, checked cables, power etc.

Got 3 Green LEDs, can ping base station, it appears to be online BUT its not showing as online, in Andriod app and web browser.

Presumably another botched effort from NEtgear which has caused this.

Ive seen someone else with a similar problem, they tried to reset theirs which didnt work so I dont want to try that but maybe a recent firmware update bricked it.

Anyone else having that issue??

All three LEds are green and it all appears to be online, just not showing in the app and only says device offline.

My original Arlo base station works fine and is online as it my Arlo Q. Its just the Pro base station showing offline (with 3 cameras connected).

Pretty disgusted to be honest with Netgear!!!

jaykay007
Tutor
Tutor

James,

I am confirming that i would like to participate in the field trial for the firmware.

Jim

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just to confirm the schedule is still not yet working on Arlo Pro base station.

Due to my base station suddenly and mysteriously showing as offline (see my post above), I have just totally reset my base station and cameras.

I removed and reset each camera (mix of Arlo Pro & original Arlo cameras), then the Arlo Pro base station. Then re-added the base station back onto my account then synced the cameras again. This wiped all my modes and schedule settings. Great so I thought then this would maybe now allow the schedule to be working again..............

Nope!!!

Schedule still not working. Set my modes up again and set up a schedule, but it is still not activating the schedule as it should. There is a little clock icon but no wording next to it to identify that any mode is selected nor does it actually work.

My Arlo Q and also Arlo original base station (not pro station) do however work fine with schedule so it's definitely a problem with the Arlo Pro (and presumably the Arlo Pro 2) base station only.

Please resolve this Netgear now, this has been broken for months now!!

I am lost for words at how you can be allowed to leave customers with none working systems. Its an absolute DISGRACE!!!
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The base station field trial firmware to address issues with modes and schedules has completed with successful results, and we are releasing it to production. For more information, see our announcement.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
That's great news. Hopefully that will fix things.

I had another strange issue last night.

Yesterday I reset and removed all my cameras, reset and removed my base station (Arlo Pro). Then re added my base station and cameras again. I had no modes or schedule as it was all new and fresh.

I did all that using the Android app.

I created new modes and new schedules.

I set the schedule to work but noticed it wasn't actually showing the correct mode (as its schedule is broken), so I manually armed the system so it was armed over night.

However when I came to look at my Arlo app this morning there was no mode selected, the system was neither armed nor disarmed, just blank and nothing selected.

When I went to view my modes all the modes I created yesterday had vanished and all the old modes had returned.

So it seems the Android app settings are totally ignored and the Arlo Base station (or Arlo backend system) just does what it wants and pays no attention to the Android app.

Let's hope this new update fixes this.
Alch
Tutor
Tutor

I have similar experience as well.  I went through one month without any issue.  Then, suddenly the system disarmed on its own and I was using schedule mode.  For some reasons, the schedule mode changed the setting and I did not touch anything.  

So, I reset everything.  A week later, it disarmed on its own again!  Then, I hit Schedule mode to see if there is anything wrong and I can't see any setup issues.  Then, the system is armed again. 

Is this software issue?  How do I know if there is an update recently that caused this issue?  Or, is this due to something else? 

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
They are releasing a new base station update tomorrow which hopefully will resolve these issues.

I just wish once we had a working system there was some way to keep it working and stop forced future firmware updates.

If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it (as it usually breaks something else).

Please give us the ability to turn off automatic updates (then if we have a working system in future we can keep it that way)
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary
I still have problems with Geofencing. Meaning that no matter what the Home Mode is set to, as soon as I enable Geofencing, it disarms the system instead of using the mode it is set to. Rolling my eyes again...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

thesaint580
Guide
Guide

Not sure if this firmware was supposed to fix the issue as indicated in case number 40054670. When on schedule, the Garage activates from morning till evening. In the Arlo app on iOS, it shows Garage is active, but the symbol for Garage in Devices tab is grayed out. Having said this, the above issue doesnt exist on the web. The symbol is active when Garage routine is active on the web. Enclosed is a screenshot of the problem.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Sherlock7
Guide
Guide

So far past rediculous.......

Big surprise the latest release did not fix the issues

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another strange problem, the cameras will record and push notification when the tips of the leaves (in a small part of the view) moved a little by a breeze but will not do anything when a person in full view.  I am talking about a full view in front of a camera waving hands and making all sort of movement and it does nothing.  Seems like these bugs were made to help the crooks.  And yes i did check sensitivity of video setting.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@Amati5 wrote:

Another strange problem, the cameras will record and push notification when the tips of the leaves (in a small part of the view) moved a little by a breeze but will not do anything when a person in full view.  I am talking about a full view in front of a camera waving hands and making all sort of movement and it does nothing.  Seems like these bugs were made to help the crooks.  And yes i did check sensitivity of video setting.

I have noticed the same thing. A person can walk past and it barely catches it in the last moment, unable to even figure out a face. But any miniscule movement of leaves or bugs flying past are caught over and over, leaving half a doen videos with flying bugs, gnats and leaves moving about an 1/8" six feet in front of the camera. It still triggers with sensitivity down 65%, but persons can have a party in front of it. Little by little this whole system is nothing but a nuisance and a waste of time trying to keep it to do what it is supposed to do. And I don't even wanna start with Google voice commands, which are an utter joke, because nothing works, as if I spoke chinese. And the Geofencing train wreck...OMG!

Martin_Blank
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, yes I would like to particpate in the field trial firmware update. Thank you.

@JamesC wrote:

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now we have a dilemma, first you break what was a perfectly working system which in itself is both frustrating and commercially unaceptable. To make it worse you did not add any new functioanlity to the module (Scheduling) that you broke!

Now after weeks of complaining in this thread that you broke scheduling you offer us to participate in a trial of a fix for the thing you broke!

As others have posted previously, you need to fix this to ensure our security systems are working and are providing the services advertised at the time we purchased your product. To safe guard yourselves and provide some comfort to all Arlo owners, you need to also allow us to conrol when your flawed updates are to be pushed onto the systems we own.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
Totally agree !!

Give us back the working Arlo systems we paid hundreds if not thousands of pounds/dollars for!!

The system at the moment is a total joke, its unreliable and is NOT a security system.

There is NO security if it does not work.
CaptainEd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm version 1.10.0.7_21310 did not resolve this issue for me. Manual arm is the only way to arm the system.

OurHattonHome
Star
Star

@JamesC wrote:

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Finally received and installed the trial firmware last week but hate to say neither Scheduling or Geofencing have been fixed. When is Netgear going to get it ducks in row and fix the issues?!?!?!?!?

TheArloDude1
Initiate
Initiate
This is a joke!
Monday (schedule) bug; if armed no recordings at all even if theres motion detected. Netgear wth is going on? You need to fix this asap, we paid thousands for your (now) useless 'security' gear...
Delboyii
Apprentice
Apprentice
This just goes from bad to worse. My schedules now work again - sometimes! But predictably the Netgear developers have introduced a new problem whereby the camera status icons no longer change to the monitoring icon as they did previously on my iOS device.

Half a fix and one new issue equals half a step forward and one full step back!

I hope anyone contemplating purchasing this system joins the three people I have personally convinced not too 😂
NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
What I really don't understand is if the Arlo system was working perfectly fine for months/years before without these issues then the developers "introduced" these problems, then why can't they just revert back to the working firmware again.

Maybe @DawnM @JamesC can answer this?

@DawnM
@JamesC

Can you please answer this question.

Why can't Netgear just put back the firmware to the "known working" firmwares we all had months ago?

Then all these stupid problems would be fixed?

It's surely not that difficult to implement, at least until a proper thoroughly tested fix is found.

The Arlo system at the moment is just a joke and can't be relied upon.

If it worked before just put it back!?
Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

My feeling is they got hacked (i got a message from Netgear sometime back tell me to change my password), including the previous version.  It takes time redevelop a working version but it shouldnt take that long since they did it before.  May be the main software engineers are no longer there.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Amati5

I had thought that too (or at least the thought had crossed my mind), otherwise they would just revert back to the previous known working firmware and the only reason they wouldn't (I'm my logic anyway) is because the system had been compromised.

Might explain why there is unexpected battery drain when cameras are not armed - because someone else is viewing them.

(Hope no one has them installed in their homes in rooms where they would rather not let the world see what they are doing)