Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

This is an odd issue.  Today, when I logged into my Arlo App (IOS 10.2.1) I noticed my device order was messed up.  I rearranged everything like I prefer (I like the base itself at the very top for easy access to the siren button for emergencies).  I hit save, and then my base station jumped to the very bottom.  I again, moved it back to the stop, hit save, same issue.  I logged into the web portal, device order, moved base to top, saved.  It appeared ok, logged out and logged back in, base is at the bottom - again.  There appears to be some type of glitch in saving devices.  I can move the cameras in any order I like, but the base keeps dropping to the very bottom of the list.  I also was able to repeat this behavior on my iPad so I do not believe this to be a configuration issue with my system, yesterday it was fine.  The only recent thing that has happened is last night, my Arlo PRo system went down due to (i assume) issues with netgear because other's were complaning.  (I'm still pretty miffed about that, how can a system that sells itself as a SECURITY system go down for 4-5 hours is beyond me. I'm loosing my faith in netgear rapidly at this point.)  Is anyone else seeing this wierd device order symptom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. When making changes to device order, be sure to click "Save" to commit any changes made.

JamesC

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would power button reboot the base....

Then if possible go to https://arlo.netgear.com/  and do it on a browser like Fire Fox/ Chrome..

If not possible power button reboot the phone and you may have to either go to app settings and clear cache & force stop. ( or uninstall and reinstall app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Realizing you don't know me very well yet, I appreciate your reply.  However, I'm an Engineer.  I've already completed every possible troubleshooting step (removing the app, reinstalling, clearing browser cache, rebooting base, power rebooting, unplugging base, etc).  The only thing I have NOT done yet is a complete reset, but I can't do that because I'm in the Arlo Beta and doing so would cause my camera to lose it's beta update.  This symptom was not present yesterday, nothing has changed.  Have you tried to reproduce the issue on your own system?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, didn't know your an engineer... so do you always think its sw ??  🙂

Yes, I just went and change settings 4 x , and logged out each time and no issues what ever changing order.

Running 12 cams on win 10 / Fire Fox, Android on S7 os v6 , and Ipad on ios 9.3.5

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Actually, it's typically software before hardware in my experience but I never rule anything out. 🙂   I'm still seeing the issue, I'll wait and see if anyone else reports this.  I find it strange, as I said, it was fine yesterday.  I can move any of the cameras, without issue.  The base won't move anywhere, top, middle, etc. It just jumps back to the bottom, every time.  I'll have to do a video of it later but the issue is repeatable on any platform so I'm not sure at this point.  I just prefer it back on the top, perhaps it will resolve the same way it started or perhaps it's related to the server update they did last night. I was affected by that issue so perhaps there's something hung in the backend. I'll wait and see if @JamesC can shed any light on this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob in this case it is sw... maybe small gitch. Sorry but can't think of anything else you can do other than make sure you actually log out on the other devices used, same with computer, clear cache and try agin on just one platfrom...always found pc to be the most stable.

good luck

bibik
Apprentice
Apprentice
TomMac showed me that you posted this link. I was experiencing the same problems last night, except I have two sirens and this issue also has them swapping places upon hitting "save".

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Glitch-cannot-move-sirens-above-cameras-when-rearranging-d...

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

bibik wrote:
TomMac showed me that you posted this link. I was experiencing the same problems last night, except I have two sirens and this issue also has them swapping places upon hitting "save".

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Glitch-cannot-move-sirens-above-cameras-when-rearranging-d...

Thanks. Yes, that is consistent with what I'm seeing.  As of today, I still can't save my base ("siren") at the top (above my cameras).  I really hate that it's stuck at the bottom, I prefer it at the top for quick access if needed.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
siren is at buttom too i bring back to the top it revert back to the buttom
trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same problem.  It is happening on all my systems, iPad, Samsung smart phone and desktop computer. 

Is is there a fix for this yet?

kmiller8821 wrote:

Actually, it's typically software before hardware in my experience but I never rule anything out. 🙂   I'm still seeing the issue, I'll wait and see if anyone else reports this.  I find it strange, as I said, it was fine yesterday.  I can move any of the cameras, without issue.  The base won't move anywhere, top, middle, etc. It just jumps back to the bottom, every time.  I'll have to do a video of it later but the issue is repeatable on any platform so I'm not sure at this point.  I just prefer it back on the top, perhaps it will resolve the same way it started or perhaps it's related to the server update they did last night. I was affected by that issue so perhaps there's something hung in the backend. I'll wait and see if @JamesC can shed any light on this.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

trebor711 wrote:

I am having the same problem.  It is happening on all my systems, iPad, Samsung smart phone and desktop computer. 

Is is there a fix for this yet?

kmiller8821 wrote:

Nope. My devices are still showing the same behavior.  I just want the stupid siren back at the top (where it's been since I bought the unit). Very annoyed. I have an executive escalation open on another issue and I'll be bringing this up as well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have been able to replicate this as described. I have escalated this topic for further investigating by the engineering team.

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Do we have a status on this? Any word back?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently being investigated by engineering. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC wrote:

This issue is currently being investigated by engineering. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

I noticed there was an update to the Android app very recently but still no fix to this problem.  I guess we will have to wait longer.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Do we have an update on this? This is getting rediculous.  It was working fine and now it's been broken for weeks. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tested changing the order with both a browser and the Android app, moving the Pro siren selection from the bottom to the top and then back to the bottom with no issues. I did use the Save selection each time.  Seems to be working for me.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I have tried on the web portal, it lets me move it, save it.  Then when I log back in, it drops back to the bottom again.  On my IOS app (which is the latest version) and I'm running the latest IOS 10.3 - I can move it, but as soon as I hit save, it drops back to the bottom. 

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

jguerdat wrote:

I just tested changing the order with both a browser and the Android app, moving the Pro siren selection from the bottom to the top and then back to the bottom with no issues. I did use the Save selection each time.  Seems to be working for me.

Did you happen to log or sign off and then try logging back in?  That is when it diverts to being back on the bottom again.  If you are able to save the order and it does not change for you, then please let the community know how you did it.  Thanks,

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary

jguerdat wrote:

Did you happen to log or sign off and then try logging back in?  That is when it diverts to being back on the bottom again. I am interested in having it saved to the top of the list.  If you are able to save the order of the base to the top of the list and it does not change for you after signing off and then back in, then please let the community know how you did it.  Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope, didn't log out. When I did, it reverted it's position, just as you said. Sorry for the false positive.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Do we have an update on this? This is getting comical at this point. It shouldn't be taking this long to correct such a simple issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. When making changes to device order, be sure to click "Save" to commit any changes made.

JamesC

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you. I did notice that the hub was back on top. Nice to see it working again.