Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rae2
Follower
Follower

My camera's sensitivity is set on 100% and tonight it totally missed the neighbor's kid face planting and making a dent on my car with his bike. Concerns me is that the side walk is straight in the middle and the camera missed it, I noticed at night it does this more frequently. Unfortunately even though my husband saw the incident clearly from the garage the neighbors are denying that their kid created the damage! Since arlo didn't record we have no proof. The first time I needed to use this system in the year I've had it and it doesn't even work! Any way I can set it to record all day or no? Really peeved at this bad investment I've made. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many of us use increased sensitivity for nighttime when the sun's IR isn't a problem. WHat is the camera's sensitivity set at in your modes and rules? In addition, how far from the camera was the action? People detection is out to ~25 feet ad a kid is a smaller target than an adult.

pleasehelp111
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same situation , optimal settings and placement and it missed the event.

My car gets broken into this moorning and arlo caught nothing . Its positioned only to watch my vehicle 

It captures me discovering my vehicle vandalized . The first time I needed to use this system in the year I've had it and it doesn't even work!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or it may be positioned and/or sensitivity set so the motion wouldn't be detected. Post a screenshot of the camera view with a complete description, including sensitivity setting in your modes and rules, for suggestions. Have you read the FAQs here on best camera positioning as well as changing sensitivity?