Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Geofencing home/away/home/away

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cchristopa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I have 3 cameras at my place. Is it possible to have 2 of them on geofencing and the third one always armed?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not exactly as you propose but with the use of custom modes you can dictate which cameras are active when at home or away. For instance, assuming you want all cameras active when away but only one when at home, use the Armed mode for Away in GF. Then create a custom mode that has a rule for only that one camera and set that for Home in GF. You can create any number of modes to serve your needs and even use the schedule as appropriate.

Check the FAQs here for creating custom modes. Any camera without a rule in a mode will be disarmed. The sky's the limit for your needs and imagination.

Cchristopa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, thanks so much for the info. That’s a pretty cool feature. Here’s the tricky part.. is there any way to use GF, and when I’m home it uses a schedule and a custom mode together at the same time. Ex: I’m on GF, when away all my cameras are armed. When I’m home, I want only the cam watching my car to be armed.. once the schedule kicks in, around the time we go to bed, I want the 2 cams around the house and the cam watching the car to be armed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The schedule simply uses modes, custom or default, one at a time. If you need more control at particular times, create additional custom modes and schedule them as appropriate.