Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gdworshak
Follower
Follower

I have one of my 4 cameras that continually shows "This Arlo device is offline.  Please make sure it is connected to the internet."  I have this camera in the family room of my house, not 10 yards from the router and base station.  I have no issues with my upstairs camera which happens to be further away from the router and base station.  To resolve this issue I end up changing out the battery to a fully charged one when I get home from work and then all is fine for a varying period of time.  Sometime it is back off the next day, sometimes it is a week later.  I never get an alert of the battery being low in the camera, like my others, it just goes offline.  I am stumped on what to do and would love to resolve this inconveneince on this one camera.  Can you help?

Firmware: 1.092.0.16_21159

Hardware: H11

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Distance isn't the only factor, how many objects and walls are in between the camera and base also affects connectivity. If your camera is 30 feet away and there are 6 walls inbetween that could be an issue.

That said, sounds to me like an interfecence issue or a bad camera. Try moving the camera to another location in that room or another room all together for a few days, see if it stays online. If so, the location is probably the issue.

Also try moving any other 2.4ghz devices away from the base and/or cameras.

If you move the camera and it doesn't stay online then try just rebooting the base and cameras first. Then if needed, remove the camera from your account then sync it back to your account. See if that helps.

It could also be a bad camera. If none of this helps and no one has any other things to try you may need to contact support for a possible replacement camera.